Why I think the 2nd/3rd time might work better than the 1st

AnnieAnnie

Gold Member
As a restarter, I thought I'd try and write some reasons that 2nd/5rd time round might be more successful at keeping the weight off:

* First time round had the excitement and novelty factor, this time doesn't have that so it feels more precious.

* First time you didn't realise how tough it could get & the weight loss & novelty kept you going, this time you know just what's in store so it's more of a fight which means more.

* First time round I thought I could keep it off just by feeling slim. This time round I know I need more weapons in my armoury!

* First time round I never learnt anything about my relationship with food. This time round I'm making sure I teach myself & consider the future post cd. I will have a plan!

*First time I ignored food & hid from it, this time I'm not, which makes me feel stronger.

* First time I never considered the steps, this time it's a must.

* First time I never considered how I used food to change my mood. This time I'm writing more down, which in turn helps me understand more.

Please feel free to add more. I know these might not apply to everyone, I just wanted to put some positives thing up about a restart as it's so easy to be negative and beat ourselves up about being a 'failure'.

Great post. I agree about knowing what to expect this time round particularly thinking I could just stop without working up steps. Also although I had not got to goal last time I was so far removed from my starting weight that I was happy and thought I could go it alone. This time I will see it through to the end and wirk up the steps so hopefully it will be the last time.

This is the second time for me too. I lost 4 stone on this diet before in 2008, the novelty factor has worn off now, i know the reality of it, my expectations aren't too high, and i've motivated myself more this time than ever.

Good luck with your journey :)

3rd time for me too. Lost 2 stone the first time, only last 2 weeks the second time, so fingers crossed third time lucky. Feeling a bit down today, all the girls I work with have gone for lunch and Im stuck at my desk BUT I dont want the temptation, and I dont need them calories!! What I do need is to lose weight and look fab for the summer :) Good luck ladies x

Back