Why is Friday night hard

Good luck, let us know how you get on :)

Would it help to pretend that it isn't Friday? Actually, until I read this, I had forgotten that it was Friday!

It's only another day, really, just like any day. It doesn't have any special properties. If you can think yourself into that mindset, it might help.

OH and kids are out, sitting here on my own and I feel like crying, and on the verge of a binge, I feel like I'm being punished, even tho it's my own fault for being fat, GOD I hate Friday night:cry:I guess it's jealousy.

:bighug:

Hi Abisaurus, I think because I used to have a good drink and goodies on a friday night, I'm really missing it, and I'm worried if I have a taster I'll mess up, which I don't want to do as it's so early on in the plan, I feel I can't risk it.

That's the problem my Friday nights consisted of 6 cans of Stella, a big bag of chilli peanuts, crisps, cheese and crackers, ( hence my weight) I feel there's no substitute for these, so the sooner I get over my jealousy that everyone' s down the pub, I may stand a chance, sorry about the winge, I couldn't help it, and thank you so much for your suggestions it means a lot. Thanks. Helen x

:bighug:

I can totally understand how overwhelmed you feel by the temptation to have a drink, which will then lead to snacking and then the vicious circle begins once again.

I'm going to offer you another "view" of your home-alone-Friday-night.

Friday night, home, alone: The positives:-

• you could use a little bit of that time to work out to an exercise DVD/Wii Fit/mini trampoline/marching on the spot/stair walking
  • you can indulge in a long warm soak without interruptions and even have a face pack/pedicure (put some scented candles in the room too!)
  • you get the remote control to yourself ;)
  • you could watch a chick flick/favourite comedy
  • you could spend it here, with us
  • you could do *all* of the above - and complete them all - before anyone gets home

As for "jealousy" - pah! Really? Drinking and snacking has had a negative impact on your own life, so why feel jealous of that? ;) You've already decided you do not like the results of that lifestyle, and you have made a positive decision to do something to redress it - well done, you!

Hmm, thing is, Friday's come around *every* week. So, you need a strategy to get through the first few. As well as the ideas I've presented above, try and rethink how you would like to spend your future Fridays:-
  • could you join a SW group on a Friday?
  • could you go swimming on a Friday
  • Take a brisk walk and work on your FitLog?
  • learn a new hobby and make Friday night *your* hobby night
  • buddy up with someone from class and have a girlie night at yours (or theirs) and just have a good old gab (instead of alcohol and snacks)

It *is* hard some days and it would be so, so easy to throw the towel in; but, hold tight to the reasons you began this in the first instance :bighug:

You have to try Sainsbury's Czech Low Alcohol Lager (1 syn per 500ml bottle - check syns online I think this is still current) perfect for a Friday night drink, especially with Beef & Black bean and boiled rice from the Chinese takeaway (5 syns).

It tastes really nice and I can't recommend it highly enough, but I doubt you'll get rat arsed. :drunk:

You've found the right place to come :)

My slimming world favourite weekend treat is loads of sw chips with a wholemeal bun, filled with salad adsa meat free burgers, I have 2! Tin of mushy peas. And 2 slices of mozzarella inside!

I hexa the cheese hexb the bun so it's only 1syn for the 2 burgers. Can't beat that!!

It's the only meal I don't have my 1/3 superfree with but worth it! And would be great on green day too!!

Thanks everyone for your input, I really do appreciate it, I can't do exercise at the moment as I have trouble with my knees (probably weight related) I don't do pampering either, so maybe a hobby and Mins with a few Czech lagers and some s.w snacks is going to be my new Friday night. Can't wait :) Helen.

Some really great ideas on here, guys! I've heard of the roasted chickpeas but haven't tried them yet.

Friday isn't the only evening I struggle with, it's evenings in general, so I'll definitely be popping back here for ideas!

My consultant gave us a great meeting last week. She basically gave us all a week planner and said to work back wards and add in all the high syn things we wanted (hers was 2 bottles of wine) and then work out what you've got left. I thought that was a good idea.

I'm with MrsSOS on this one! Find yourself ways of relaxing, enjoying yourself and treating yourself on a Friday night without a drink or takeaway. Do something for YOURSELF that YOU enjoy and that makes YOU feel good! I know since having my son I've been putting myself last and I was binging as a result because it was the only thing I had in my day that was for me! Since doing little things to put myself first, I'm binging less cos I have something positive to treat and reward myself with.

I'm not a huge drinker anymore now since having my son, but spirits with diet drinks are probably better syns wise than beers and ciders. When I was pregnant I used to drink diet Canadian dry ginger beer out a wine glass if my OH was drinking on the weekend so I didn't feel like I was missing out! There was also a really good alcohol free wine I got from tescos last Christmas that actually tasted a bit boozey! No idea what it would be syns wise though!

Back