why is it all food programs?

ColJack

Gold Member
every chanel I flip to seems to have some sort of food / cookery program on at the moment..

Err.... because it's Christmas!!
And we all want to cook lovely and exciting foods which will pile the weight on us but taste bl**dy lovely.
Who wants normal carrots and sprouts - I want them with honey and orange and chestnuts and bacon and.....
Oooh, and baked cheesecakes and trifles and glazed gammon and sausage rolls and ......
Ah, I love cookery programmes.

I was watching nigel slater yesterday and was just wondering why he had summer pudding with summer fruit in the winter. I would have thought he would have done something with wintery fruit x

Because the programme was originally aired in the summer!

I LOVE nigel slater and have watched that series before, I could watch it over and over and never get bored!

Cheap programming is my guess.

I despair of how many programmes such as these are aired, then how my work colleagues rant and rave about them and then produce a cheese sandwich, packet of crisps and cup-a-soup for their lunch!

They all watch them and can't cook for toffee lol. I at least pride myself on adapting the wonderful Delia's book to SW-friendly recipes and have a go at being a cook lol.

Mind you, what I wouldn't give to just be able to make and eat the Hairy Bikers' butter-laden produce :cry:

Back