1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

why is it all food programs?

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by ColJack, 22 December 2010 Social URL.

1. ColJack

ColJack Gold Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    every chanel I flip to seems to have some sort of food / cookery program on at the moment..
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. evethewitch

evethewitch Silver Member

great aint it i love them:)
    jaylou likes this.
  4. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

Err.... because it's Christmas!!
    And we all want to cook lovely and exciting foods which will pile the weight on us but taste bl**dy lovely.
    Who wants normal carrots and sprouts - I want them with honey and orange and chestnuts and bacon and.....
    Oooh, and baked cheesecakes and trifles and glazed gammon and sausage rolls and ......
    Ah, I love cookery programmes.
  5. ilovelife

ilovelife Wishing and hoping!

I love Nigel slater :)
  6. Safia

Safia Gold Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    I was watching nigel slater yesterday and was just wondering why he had summer pudding with summer fruit in the winter. I would have thought he would have done something with wintery fruit x
  7. Jennyonaplate

Jennyonaplate Gold Member

Slimming World
    Because the programme was originally aired in the summer!

I LOVE nigel slater and have watched that series before, I could watch it over and over and never get bored!
  8. Maximus

Maximus Gold Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World - The one that works!
    Cheap programming is my guess.

I despair of how many programmes such as these are aired, then how my work colleagues rant and rave about them and then produce a cheese sandwich, packet of crisps and cup-a-soup for their lunch!

They all watch them and can't cook for toffee lol. I at least pride myself on adapting the wonderful Delia's book to SW-friendly recipes and have a go at being a cook lol.

Mind you, what I wouldn't give to just be able to make and eat the Hairy Bikers' butter-laden produce :cry:
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.