why is it hard second time around ???

im just wondering why is it so much harder second time around on cd ? does any one actually know?? what part did you actually find harder ? and did it get better with time ?? sorry for all the quistions .. just this is my second time around and it dosent seem to be as easy as before im on day 4 now i seem to be wanting food more than i did before any info i would love please[/quote
Can't help you with your answers I'm afraid but I think we should buddy up! I'm on my restart (after my op) and I'm on day 4 to and I'm finding a bit hard (ss+ at the moment to ease me back into things before I ss).
What do you think hun?

I am also on day 4 of a restart and I do think about food more this time than before. I used to be more motivated, I still am, but not like the first time. I don't know why it is harder this time. I hope I can figure it out so I can overcome it and make this my last time.

Hey nightnight - I think when you first do SS it's a bit magical - it's a brand new thing that you have never done before, it takes away the need to think about food and the weight loss keeps you on a high. then you come off and when you restart, you know what's ahead of you, you know you have to give up food and for me I kept failing on the first day because I just kept thinking "oh, I think I will just have this food today because I am not going to be eating for months" and that went on for days!!

It's an extreme diet and I think it's the novelty wears off when you try to attempt a restart - until of course you start losing the weight again and feel really pleased with yourself!

Well - that's my take on it anyway! x

It is like anything new - you go for it whole heartedly with a sense of determination - second time around there is a little voice sabotaging you - "you have done this before - you couldn't keep the weight off - you failed!"
Not a pleasant little voice but it is there somewhere!
SO what you need is steely determination - an attitude of "right - I am going to beat this and I am going to be stronger second time around!"
I have just done it - and believe you me I feel twice as strong as I did the first time round!
Give yourself a good talking to and ignore that pesky inner voice!

Lots of love and you know you are going to do it
x

Hi Hun, There is a fabulous post lurking around on why it is harder the second time around...YOu should have a look for that one. It really helped me.
I think the basics behind it were: ther first time round you are working away from being overweight and possibly depressed. I.e you are working away from being overweight. The second time round you are working towards something.
Maybe someone cleverer than me can post the link for this post.....
Ill keep looking.
Taz x

im just wondering why is it so much harder second time around on cd ? does any one actually know?? what part did you actually find harder ? and did it get better with time ?? sorry for all the quistions .. just this is my second time around and it dosent seem to be as easy as before im on day 4 now i seem to be wanting food more than i did before any info i would love please[/quote
Can't help you with your answers I'm afraid but I think we should buddy up! I'm on my restart (after my op) and I'm on day 4 to and I'm finding a bit hard (ss+ at the moment to ease me back into things before I ss).
What do you think hun?

hay kelly defoe buddy up .... so your on day 4 but on ss+ are you in ketosis if so wen did it go in it would really help if i was on ss+ that extra meal makes the world of difference wen is tarted b4 i did ss for forst week then ss+ teh rest and my losses where amazing 121b first week on ss then ( 7,5,2,5,7,5,7,5,3,7,2,2,) <<< on ss+ so i no my loss will be good on ss

I am also on day 4 of a restart and I do think about food more this time than before. I used to be more motivated, I still am, but not like the first time. I don't know why it is harder this time. I hope I can figure it out so I can overcome it and make this my last time.
... thx for reply x i did read that yr body goes into ketosis after 3 days but your mind takes 2 weeks lets hope its that xx

Hi Hun, There is a fabulous post lurking around on why it is harder the second time around...YOu should have a look for that one. It really helped me.
I think the basics behind it were: ther first time round you are working away from being overweight and possibly depressed. I.e you are working away from being overweight. The second time round you are working towards something.
Maybe someone cleverer than me can post the link for this post.....
Ill keep looking.
Taz x

would love to find the post but i have trouble finding my keys so not much hope lol

It is like anything new - you go for it whole heartedly with a sense of determination - second time around there is a little voice sabotaging you - "you have done this before - you couldn't keep the weight off - you failed!"
Not a pleasant little voice but it is there somewhere!
SO what you need is steely determination - an attitude of "right - I am going to beat this and I am going to be stronger second time around!"
I have just done it - and believe you me I feel twice as strong as I did the first time round!
Give yourself a good talking to and ignore that pesky inner voice!

Lots of love and you know you are going to do it
x

ty btw u look amzing in second pic well done to you ... as for me i had to give it up to have medical stuff i was doing so well and i thought i would get back on it and carry on doing really well but i seem to want food where as b4 i was fine .... i just going to take it easy i think maybe add a meal tonight that will help lots

hay kelly defoe buddy up .... so your on day 4 but on ss+ are you in ketosis if so wen did it go in it would really help if i was on ss+ that extra meal makes the world of difference wen is tarted b4 i did ss for forst week then ss+ teh rest and my losses where amazing 121b first week on ss then ( 7,5,2,5,7,5,7,5,3,7,2,2,) <<< on ss+ so i no my loss will be good on ss
Sounds really unprepared of me but I don't know if I'm in ketosis yet because I don't have any stick. Saying that I'm freezing and my mouth tastes yuck so I'm thinking I am.
I'm on ss+ at the moment but will be back on ss within a couple of weeks, I'm only doing ss+ to help me ease back into it as I'm finding it hard to focus this time around and find that meal helps me at the moment.

nadhaks - you look amazing!

i was going to say the same as the last 2 posts i am a restarter and right from the beginning i was positive if we think we might fail we will but if we are positive and look to the future good things will happen once you are in ketosis it does get easier and we know those days befoe are hard but no hader than before just hard lol
so come on all you restarters think positive we have done it once we can do it again this diet does work we know that we just have to be committed just repeat you are committed and you choose not to eat therefore this is not a sacrifice it is a way of getting what we want and we are in total control of that
well thats how i feel and keep telling myself everyday that life is fair and choose not to eat and i am in control

"away and to " ? you lost me hun though dosent take much lol

:D Me neither. There's more about it on the thread that was mentioned earlier.

Basically it's about aiming for something, rather that getting away from something. Know where you are going, rather than what you are running away from..

Back