Why Is It So Difficult? :(

Hi Ally - thanks for your reply.

I am pleased with my loss. I think losing 5lbs at the beginning was bad because now I expect the same each week. I know I'm not 100% most of the time, but I feel I deserve more than a STS.

I'm going to keep going. On a positive note, I haven't gained in 7 weeks which is a miracle on any 'diet' I have been on. I've usually given up by now.

Going to try and not weigh myself either and have some different superfree in my day.

Just my observation but i think you are having too many carbs. Cereal everyday is full of carbs, try to vary your breakfast a little more.

equi said:
Just my observation but i think you are having too many carbs. Cereal everyday is full of carbs, try to vary your breakfast a little more.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm going to try and vary my food from next week

Hey,

Thanks for your reply.

I hate bananas (I do like healthy food, honest!) but I do have a cereal bar and a few grapes in the car - generally when I'm stuck in heavy traffic! :p

I'm going to try and find 5 different lunches I can have in the week. I think I'm stuck with my cereal (unless I can find another one that I like which constitutes as a Healthy Extra B)

I do red days (limited carbs) but maybe I should swap to green for a bit? I do miss pasta sometimes. Maybe I could have that for lunch?

I try not to cheat, but I do write it down so I'm not kidding myself when the scales don't budge.

Thanks for everyones input :)

if you dont like bananas what about an apple? a cereal bar and grapes is ok for a breakfast though i reckon, so dont worry about that. just when you arnt at work make something more exciting lol for green days, quorn is excellent!! i started doing green days last week, as i realised i was eating more and more quorn, less and less meat lol i only have chicken like twice a week or something, at most!! so started doing green days and the days im having meat i just do extra easy. i usually try and have the third superfree on green days anyway so its no bother.

you could make yourself pasta salads and things for lunches though if you did green

Hi, I've been reading through your food diary and it looks like on a good day you are up to 15 syns - and often going over. How about sticking with 10 a day and if you do have days when you go over it won't be quite as bad. Try not to have those bad days though, I know it's really hard. Find what your weaknesses are and deal with them. For instance I really struggle in the evening after dinner. It's very rare that I have syns during the day, so after dinner I have a small (125ml) glass of wine 4.5 syns and a small chocolate bar (between 3.5 and 4.5). They're my treat for being 100% all day, get me through the evening and mean I have only had between 8 and 9 syns a day. If I have days where I eat more then (this evening 7 syns of chocolate, 4.5 wine and 2.5 gin and slimline tonic = 14 syns) over the week I'm doing well.

I'll be honest and say that if I had eaten all of what you've eaten during the past few weeks I would have gained. I'm not meaning that to sound horrible in any way so please don't think I do. We all have days where we struggle and eat what we want, but try and limit those days a lot more and you'll see the weight shifting a lot quicker. Good luck xx

Hi,

Thanks for your responses.

I do notice that I fall heavily off the wagon in the middle of my cycle. I need to keep that in mind and have lots of free comfort food.

I have been really good this week and it paid off, so I think that the has spurred me on - especially since it's star week.

I'm finding that I like have high syn food, but split it so it's not that bad. So last week I had a Twirl, but I split it with my boyfriend so it was only 4.5 syns a finger, but because it was sooooooo chocolatey, it was all I needed.

Would like to lose 3.5lbs next week, but that isn't going to happen - but I would be happy with 1.5lbs, so need to keep my focus. I still am working away (with a few nights when I won't leave the office or get home before midnight) so I have to stay on the ball otherwise it won't work

X

Back