Why is my body giving up :(

Trendytracz

hey sorry just in a moaning mood :( ive lost 4 and 1/2 stones sore far on w/w but it seems my body is totally giving up each week by losing under 1 lb or staying the same. any 1 got any tips in how to give my metabolism a kick up the bum? x

You could do the Wendy plan? Its still the same as ww but you change around how many points you ahve a day and have one high day. not sure if anyone on heres tried it, it gets mixed reviews!

Have you tried doing the kick start for a week? Might help. If not then try doubling your exercise for a week. Soz your feeling down about it but you have done soooooooooooo fandabulous losing the 4 and half stone so far! :happy036: Well done you. I wouldn't be so hard on yourself. You nailed it already and should be really proud. It will all sort itself out eventually. BTW I think you look great xxx Best of luck.

thanks for ur views and tips i might do a kick start how many points do you get for a kickstart? :) ive tryed excerising and put on weight i dont know whats going on :(

Well done for your loss so far you are doing great
Do you always eat the same type of things? if you do it may be a good idea to change what you are eating maybe cut out bread & potatoes for a couple of days
Good luck I am sure you will work it out & even if it's only .5 - 1lb a week you will get there

Arghhh, the ole plateau, its a bugger and generally temporary but if you let it get you down it could send you the other way.

Why not add ten minutes of extra walking into each day, brisk walking you should be able to talk...just.

Try having your bigger pointed meal at lunch or spread your points out more evenly throughout the day??

~Sorry its my first time on ww so im not sure how great my advice is.

Look at this as a practise in maintaining your weight.

because you've been exercising and put on weight you've probably put on muscle weight which is advantageous in the long run as muscle burns fat.

look at it this way say you were 200lbs and next week you were 202lbs but you had been exercising, you could have lost 6lbs fat (200-6=194) but gain 8lbs muscle (194+8=202), you see?

also the wendy thing, i do most days actually and i've lost pretty quickly although i dont do it consciencely. some days i'll only have 12 points for the day and then when im at work i have 25 etc and it just changes everyday. I thought my weight loss would be slow as im slim already and in the healthy bmi range but over 2 weeks and 2 days of weight watchers i've lost 10lbs.So that approach might be worth trying.

Kick start is a max of 18 points a day. I think theres some set menus for it that you can choose from. I will try and find out for you.

thank you all for your comments means a lot ;) yeh i think after this wednesday (weigh in day) I will drop to 18pts Grrrr :( but if i seen a change it will b worth it :D. I tend to change my diet cause I like to try differnt things but always point them correct mmh life a pain sometimes lol :) its like catch 22 haha

is going to 18pts a big drop? how many do you usually have?

am on 22pts a day but when i started way last yr I was on 26pts a day

i see, atleast its only 4 pt drop. im on 20 atm, but by the end of the week i'll prob be down to 19 :(

also the wendy thing, i do most days actually and i've lost pretty quickly although i dont do it consciencely. some days i'll only have 12 points for the day and then when im at work i have 25 etc and it just changes everyday. I thought my weight loss would be slow as im slim already and in the healthy bmi range but over 2 weeks and 2 days of weight watchers i've lost 10lbs.So that approach might be worth trying.

Im sorry but I would NEVER recommend that. Youre just basically not sticking to WW plan if your points are varying that much. It might work in the short term for you but thats not a healthy way to eat.

like i said its not intentional, i didnt eat healthy before atleast this way im losing weight.it just so happens when im at work i eat more because i work in a very fancy restaurant where nothing is healthy. where as when im at home, i eat normal food, which happens to be low in points unless i top it up with chocolate or similar. and i've lost 9 and a bit lbs in 2 weeks, im happy :)

This is only a short term fix anyway, i wasnt fat to begin with, i just wasnt as slim as i wanted to be. i want to get into my size 8 bikini (im a size 12 atm) is all. after the holiday im not that bothered anymore.

Im glad its worked for you - so far but whether thatll last or not remains to be seen but I think to recommend that way of eating to someone else is wrong. WW say NOONE who is following their plan should EVER eat under 14 points a day. Im not sure you can say youre eating healthily when youre below the recommended guidelines of the plan youre following. WW have spent millions of pounds working out a healthy balanced diet the points they say you need are worked out for a reason

This is only a short term fix anyway, i wasnt fat to begin with, i just wasnt as slim as i wanted to be. i want to get into my size 8 bikini (im a size 12 atm) is all. after the holiday im not that bothered anymore.

Well in that case youre lucky but for the rest of us on here who actually have a bit to lose we have to follow the diet properly and starving ourselves isnt going to work

but honestly how many people eat healthy whilst on ww? i doubt very few, thats why its a popular diet, you can eat what you like. i probably eat alot of calories i just dont use alot of my points. with certain veg, i really like it, so i eat alot of it. all the rest is fish usually.

im not starving myself i just eat lots of veg, coz i dont want bread etc and pasta, im far from starving, food is never far away from my reach lol

but honestly how many people eat healthy whilst on ww? i doubt very few, thats why its a popular diet, you can eat what you like. i probably eat alot of calories i just dont use alot of my points. with certain veg, i really like it, so i eat alot of it. all the rest is fish usually.

Ehm most of us do and I object to the implication we dont. If you were to look at another thread almost everyone cooks from scratch on here. WW absolutely promotes healthy eating - something almost everyone does.

If you dont really need to stick to the plan fair enough but most of us are in it for the long haul and are looking to change our eating habits.

Back