Why is this so hard

SharonA_1970

I am so fed up to the back teeth this week. I haven't felt 100% this week bit of a sore throat and a bad headache for a few days but I know that is not the root of the problems. I am so fed up not eating, not participating with the family and having no control over how I feel. Food was my coping mechanism my way to cover up stuff my way to deal with everything and now that is not there anymore I have turned into the b**ch from hell. I am arguing, angry, stressed, a complete misery to live with and totally depressed about the whole thing.

I have done 9 weeks now and have struggled really really badly the last two weeks. I had one good week the week before last but the week before that was bad too. I manage just fine to get through the day when no-one is here but as soon as the kids and hubby come in or we are coming up to the weekend I turn to that coping mechanism and start stuffing cr*p in my face!!! I am really beginning to think now that the root of my food problems is my relationship and that we should no longer be together. I think I can even see the pattern, the main food cravings start around a Thursday and build up to the weekend and the only thing I can see is that we are all together here at the weekend and I feel trapped somewhere I don't think deep down I really want to be only I don't know how to get out of it.

I know it's ok to come here and have a vent and everyone is always so good about coming on and trying to re-motivate you but I really think the only person that can fix this is me and I just don't know how to.

Does your OH know that you feel like this? Have you been togetehr a long time? Maybe you need some quality time together and the chance to really have a good chat. Sometimes we get so bound up in the dya to day stuff that we lose track of each other.

So sorry you are feeling so rubbish, but well done on your losses, 34lb is fantastic.

Love

I'm so sorry you are feeling like this and although i can't do anything to help. I am here if you feel like venting at any time.
hope things start improving soon
sil x

Oh Sharon,
I'm so sorry you're feeling so low. I can't help I know, but I'm sending lots of hugs and good vibes to help you sort things out.
Please get in touch if you want to vent/rant/anything - if it'll help. My e-mail is [email protected]

:hug99::vibes::hug99::vibes::hug99::vibes::hug99::vibes:

aww big hugs. Possibly the answer is in the comments; you are used to pushing down feelings with food and now thats no longer there the fun begins. Are you having some "treats" to keep you motivated & is your OH supportive? If you feel the issue is your relationship maybe some councelling as a couple would help clarify things? The diest is a huge lifestyle change because it changes how you feel about yourself and how others perceive you and I think sometimes when we start we dont realise what a huge impact it will have on our lives. Being slim doesent solve the problems and sometimes it can create more issues (or different issues!) than we had at the start. I do think that you need to talk to your OH & wonder whether you ever get any "You" time just for yourself? If not could you plan some in (seeing friends, cinema, excercise class, evening class, hobby...) to see if that helps at all? Keep posting & hang in there!

Back