Why loose it now?

Relle

Whats made you all get to this point in your life to join this site and loose your weight?

I'm 21 and I have 6 1/2 stone to loose.
I want to be sexy and feel confident again, I want to be able to run around with my daughter in fashionable and comfortable clothes! I want people to look at me like they did before I put on all this weight, I used to feel so good about myself so I'm wondering why I ever let myself put on all the weight.
I wish i'd done it before now, but now that I'm in a focussed frame of mind and I am adament to get on and loose the weight I feel postivie at thinking.....even if it takes me a year or two to get to target i'll still only be 23/24, and I don't want to waste any more years.

I'd love to hear your reasons for wanting to loose weight..i'm pretty new around here, it'll be nice to get to know you all :) I've read some amazing, inspirational stories :D

xxxx

I'm 21 too, and when I started I was 20 stone and 20 years old.. The sickening realisation that I weighed the as much as my years horrified me... That and the fact that all my friends and same age family were getting into the 'serious relationship' stuff and I was still too embarrassed about myself to even date anyone..

Also, when I was younger... clothes were plain for EVERY kid... so even though mine were bigger, they matched. The older I get, the more fashionable and 'individual' clothing gets... the more obviously 'plus size' and boring my clothes were getting.

That and I had a fat childhood, I don't want a fat adulthood... and 20 was sort of the 'first year of being an adult' (no longer a -teen) so it seemed a good time to really start the last diet!

Mine was after I went to the nurse and weighed in at 18 stone 4lb. It upset me so much I decided that I wanted to get rid of it. Confidence has improved no end!

mine is because my daughter is getting married in april (no she is not marrying prince william :p)
and i also want to look my best.

and wedding photos will be around for a while haunting me if i dont succeed!!!

xXx

my reasons to lose weight is i'm nearly 38 years old with 3 kids and a single mum and i dont have the energy to play with the kids. So i decided to join slimming world on january the 5th for the 3rd time i weighed in at 18 stone 3 and a half and upto now im 14.05lb lighter so everyone keep up the good work and one day we will all reach our target weights.

Hey I'm Ness I'm 27 with 2 kids and married to a wonderful man who's also doing the diet with me!! I started at 22 stone 3lb. I've always been big and it never really bothered me until I had the kids. I'd love to be able to run around with them without getting out of breath and be able to look and feel great about myself and to look good for my husband. I'm totally focused and looking forward to the journey ahead. There really are some amazing people on here and you are all truly inspiring. I look forward to sharing my journey with you all.

I ate too much because I didn’t really love myself. Had a few things happen in my life that knocked me for six and food was for comfort, but I’ve only just realised this. I read the emotional eating article on here and bingo, I now know when I’m really hungry and when my history is playing tricks on me.

I’d be a liar if I didn’t admit I want to feel pretty and glamorous but I’m doing it for me and no one else, and this time I know, I’m going to succeed. A bar of chocolate and fish and chips doesn’t make me feel good or look good, its just a taste, and there are many better tastes out there.

Decided last year that I didnt want to turn 30 as a big old frumpy fatty!! So I lost 5 st and got all slinky! But I still have a way to go so I'm back on the wagon again lol I have nooooooo idea what will be a good weight for me but I'll know it when I get there!!! Guessing another 50lbs will be plenty!

Well - I'm 40 this year, (ouch) and my fella is taking me on a lovely holiday for it - so I have 2 reasons straight away. But I also want to lose it (between 4 and 5 stone for my health as I have problems with my knee joints and I'm sure it won't be as bad if I am lighter.

I've never been small - always the "big girl", being 5'9" and a size 18 for as long as I can remember.

I've never really beat myself up about it... I love good food and cooking and my general health is good, but I found that in the last couple of years my weight has crept up and my energy levels have gone down. I didn't want to get on a slippery slope and get bigger and less healthy. So I've sort of set myself this challenge to see if I can get to 12 stone. Bearing in mind that the last time I was 12 stone was probably when I was 12 years old :D (I'm 25)

I'm not entirely convinced its possible since I've always been a chunk, but we'll see :D.

I've never been
I'm not entirely convinced its possible since I've always been a chunk, but we'll see :D.

You can - you really can. You're quite a long way down already. I have similar sorts of stats to you (although an inch shorter!) and I'm 12 st 10 as of this morning :D You'll do it and it'll be fab :)

Can't remember if I replied to this thread already or not, but I have a 40th coming up as well. I didn't want to be in a size 20 for it, so really started working on it and a few health issues to turn my life around. I'm in a 14 now - would love to be in a 12 by my birthday :)

I am losing it for me. I wanted to feel good about myself which I didn't when I was heavier.

I also was in my early thirties and all my friends were dating and I felt too embarrassed to date. Now I am skinnier still not dating though - that's purely my own mindset which needs to change to remind myself I am worth it.

I think all of us are losing weight for ourselves cause in a strange way we have awoken to the most important concept of all. We are fantastic and worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I'm losing it because I'm the big 50 next year!!!
I didn't want to be fat and 40..I was :p
I spent last year saying "I'm 50 in 2&1/2 yrs time, then I realised it was down to 1&1/2yrs and I needed to get my arse into gear.I'm hoping to have the weight off by my birthday this year although for my hols. in September would be great.

Im 26 and I want to set a good example for my son and maintain a healthy lifestyle. Ive already noticed im feeling much happier than I was before :)

im here becauae i wanted to feel good about myself unfortunately i alao lost my husband the way aa he got jealoua and possesive when i wanted to buy clothea amd make up for myself and he demanded to know who i was having a affair with!!! so bye bye 10 years of marriage...... but i feel good about myself at the moment ideally i want to get down to 10 st 7 but at the moment my aim is to get to 11 st 7 so only 3 more pounds to go til i get to this weight x

im here becauae i wanted to feel good about myself unfortunately i alao lost my husband the way aa he got jealoua and possesive when i wanted to buy clothea amd make up for myself and he demanded to know who i was having a affair with!!! so bye bye 10 years of marriage...... but i feel good about myself at the moment ideally i want to get down to 10 st 7 but at the moment my aim is to get to 11 st 7 so only 3 more pounds to go til i get to this weight x
And so you should feel good about yourself:cool: If others can't share your positive attitude and desire to take care of your looks, then tell em good riddance. Plenty of fish in the sea, just cast your net;) Good luck to you:)

Guess I have decided to try and loose the extra pounds as I am sick of not being able to fit in any of my clothes, I hate looking in the mirror and have no energy... Hopefully that will all change , fingers crossed xx

Plain and simple I just want to like myself more. I tried for years to embrace the whole love your plus sized self but I couldn't. I want to enjoy buying clothes and not see it as a punishment like I do now. Also I carry my weight around my middle which makes me a candidate for diabetes and heart disease. But the real reason is I want to loose the weight and be proud of the achievement.

Plain and simple I just want to like myself more. I tried for years to embrace the whole love your plus sized self but I couldn't. I want to enjoy buying clothes and not see it as a punishment like I do now. Also I carry my weight around my middle which makes me a candidate for diabetes and heart disease. But the real reason is I want to loose the weight and be proud of the achievement.
Being proud of yourself is the best reason. Previously I'd always dieted for everyone, but myself. I'm now so proud I glow with it:p:D

Back