Why no diet coke?

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by jon1964, 19 September 2008 Social URL.

1. jon1964

jon1964 Member

Sorry, tried searching, apologies if it's obvious.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Wytchy

Wytchy Have a Little Patience x

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Can't say for certain but it's very likely to be all the additives which very prob contain citric acid - that will kick you out of ketosis. I'm sure that someone else will have a better explanation than me tho!! xx

4. karmawitch

karmawitch Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st1lb
    Current Weight:
    16st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Also think it's because of the Citric Acid, that's what our LLC said

5. jon1964

jon1964 Member

Ah, makes sense.

Thanks

6. Fizzy

Fizzy Silver Member

There isn't Citric Acid in Coke Zero. I think its because it can make people hungry and want more, and then turning to food

7. bekimo

bekimo Fighting Demons....

Diet:
    Cambridge
    i miss diet coke most of all:(

B x

8. angie-bum

angie-bum Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Vlcd/lchf
    I looked at the lipotrim video and it says that some diet drinks though do not have sugar, do have additives that alters the metabolic pathway of ketosis and can stop it working

9. Blonde Logic

Blonde Logic Yes. You can.

Start Weight:
    258lb
    Current Weight:
    228lb
    Goal Weight:
    168lb
    Lost(%):
    30lb(11.63%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    When I started this in January, I seriously thought I would miss DIet Coke more then anything else - because it was such a frequent part of my daily living.

SInce doing LL, I have learned a lot about Diet COke. I don't mean to put anyone off - but I have decided to use these months without Diet COke as my official purging my memory of the taste, the want, the all, and never have another one.

Diet COke, as in many many diet products, have ingredients in them which make you crave the bad kind of carbohydrate. Its proven. They now say Diet drinks actually make you fat - because they make you need carbs like a drug addict needs a fix. They are also horrible for your bones. THere are so many chemicals in them - they really are poison.

I really was so fearful about not having it - and now - hand on heart, I don't miss it at all and have not longed for even one tiny sip.

So maybe it will be easier then you think. And as we are doing this for health - might be a good idea to think about this opportunity to quite the DC addiction - which it generally is. Then you won't have to go through withdrawals again. :)

Good luck! It will be easier then you fear I hope!! :)

Last edited: 21 September 2008
  10. jon1964

jon1964 Member

Thanks for that, very interesting, makes sense too.

11. annaphylactic

annaphylactic Guess who's back...?

Start Weight:
    16st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st2.5lb(19.02%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    The fact that diet coke knocks you out of ketosis is a myth. When I did Atkins I pretty much lived on diet coke - and that diet works on the same principle of ketosis.... it would be the same with pure protein... would make no difference...

But...

I think the main reason we are told not to is because the whole point of LL is to take you away from all the 'goodies' and make you reassess exactly why you crave certain things and give you a complete break from all things food and drink (excluding water etc)...

What Blonde Logic says about causing you to crave 'bad carbs' could be right... there is rarely a connection between a nice cold diet coke and a crisp leafy salad... not for me at least!

So - no, I don't think it would affect the diet - but it all depends on your reasons for going through abstinance in the first place... it's about more than just losing weight - it's about changing lives forever :D Good luck on the rest of your journey! x x x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.