Why Oh Why Are Evenings So Difficult???

Petal01

Still Climbing That Hill!
????

What makes the evening different from daytime??

During the day im fine but as soon as evening comes all my motivation & determination flies out the window why do you think this is?

Boredom? Habit?

I'm the same ... Damn these long winter evenings! Im looking forward to the longer days so 'the evening' doesn't seem so long.

I agree with russiandoll!
I'm leaving my ironing till the evening (christ that sounds boring) but it takes me ages! OH has also bought me a few box sets of DVDs to trawl through to keep me entertained.
I also make a lot of jewellery, so fiddling with beads is a great way to take my mind off food, and same with painting....With a brush in 1 hand, and a palette in the other (and often another brush in my mouth) i can exactly do anything but paint!

Find some easy hobbies, or leave little jobs till the evening. The evening is soooo hard for me too!

This comes from a noob but I hope it helps. I actually don't find evenings difficult at all. for me the difficult time is night shift as its all wrong but days I find relatively easy. I think its because when I am not work or karate/kickboxing of an evening i am variously bouncing up and down on the sofa with the nintendo wii/designing a new tattoo/doing paperwork/playing with the kitten/surfing the net/out at the cinema/visiting people/DIY'ing...you get the picture.

I guess what I am saying in a long belaboured way is what other people have stated - distraction is a wonderful thing - im usually a bundle of nervous energy, i dont tend to sit still for long so i dont have time to get bored and contemplate food. Any kind of hobby or distraction is great. Have a nice walk with the family, play a game or try a new hobby. Best of british.

Oh you lucky thing it dosn't mattter what i do in the evenings food is alway's on the fore front of my mind! I think i may well try 790 or 1000 plan i didn't really want to but......

Im finding the evenings harder than the days aswell but trying to keep myself busy, Off to the cinema tonight, see how much i get through the film without going the toliet 20 times. lol

i find the evenings really hard as well, but have taken a positive step towards fixing it now by joining up to a few evening fitness classes. Circuit training on a tuesday nite, power hour on a wed night and soccer workout on a thurs. by the time i get home from these and showered etc, its almost time for bed! distraction is definetly the answer.

Evenings are hardest for me too - I keep myself busy. Minimins, FB or FB scrabble. Before I know it is bedtime.

i find the evenings really hard as well, but have taken a positive step towards fixing it now by joining up to a few evening fitness classes. Circuit training on a tuesday nite, power hour on a wed night and soccer workout on a thurs. by the time i get home from these and showered etc, its almost time for bed! distraction is definetly the answer.

LMAO! i'm sorry, just cannot picture it.

To anyone who doesnt know, i'm not being a ***** or cruel, Del and i are very good friends by now (in fact, she's guna be my bridesmaid)

LMAO! i'm sorry, just cannot picture it.

To anyone who doesnt know, i'm not being a ***** or cruel, Del and i are very good friends by now (in fact, she's guna be my bridesmaid)

u evil evil person! :mad: sure u know i did a half mile jog the other nite! and im going to power hour tonite, so there :p
am trying to save u money here, the less of me there is, the smaller dress ull have to buy!

Evenings are OK - so far but its only day 3 for me.... I am deeply concerned about the weekend tho... It used to be my time for comfort eating accompanied with couple of bottles of wine munch munch munch munch munch!
How stupid I've been :mad::mad::mad:

The weekend will be the big one for me aswell. normally watching the football with a glass of wine and some nibbles.:mad:

Back