Why oh why did i do it again.......

PinkMantha

time to get focused
Yep uv guesses it, just pigged out again! It's 4am and I just cooked a fry up! I'm not sleeping properly lately and the nights I actually get into bed and can fall asleep I am fine but nights like tonight where I just don't feel tired and sit on the sofa I do this, done it 2 nights ago to but luckily stayed the same on the scales at 12 st 10lbs. I don't know if any of you remember last year but I really struggled and didn't lose a thing from April till dec and s far in 5 weeks I have lost 2 stone, although I can't physically notice the difference, mentally I feel great! I don't know what it is, maybe the comfort eating has caught up with me from my nan passing away?!? I just don't want to slip back into old habits and I hope it's just this week and I can get bak on track and look forward to a new week, new start!!! Thank u for listening xxx

PinkMantha said:
Yep uv guesses it, just pigged out again! It's 4am and I just cooked a fry up! I'm not sleeping properly lately and the nights I actually get into bed and can fall asleep I am fine but nights like tonight where I just don't feel tired and sit on the sofa I do this, done it 2 nights ago to but luckily stayed the same on the scales at 12 st 10lbs. I don't know if any of you remember last year but I really struggled and didn't lose a thing from April till dec and s far in 5 weeks I have lost 2 stone, although I can't physically notice the difference, mentally I feel great! I don't know what it is, maybe the comfort eating has caught up with me from my nan passing away?!? I just don't want to slip back into old habits and I hope it's just this week and I can get bak on track and look forward to a new week, new start!!! Thank u for listening xxx

Aw honey, hope ur ok :-( dnt worry, at the end of the day it's only food!!! Tbh It must be so difficult for u if ur not sleeping v well because it's like a whole other day being awake through the night so u must be starving after a couple of hours! U need to try n get the sorted!

Just get back on it today, look how well u have done! U said it itself 2 stone in 5 weeks is fantastic!!!! Keep strong You've come to far
Xxx

off to the hobby shop for you , get a different hobby hehe .
when you eat the food did you enjoy it , or was it just a mental thought ?

MsJMC said:
off to the hobby shop for you , get a different hobby hehe .
when you eat the food did you enjoy it , or was it just a mental thought ?

Nope didn't even enjoy it, made the roof of my mouth feel funny x

why oh why did i do it again.......

Damn good question. No easy answers. Here's one, though:

You see, when we’re fat, we often have a low opinion of ourselves. We don’t like the way we look and we often feel very self-conscious, especially if someone passes a comment about our figure. Result? We tell ourselves that we are not as good as other people. We tell ourselves that we are a failure. And after we’ve said it enough times, we end up believing it. We end up believing we are a failure.

So when we try to lose weight, we are beaten before we start. We are so convinced that we’re a failure that we never put our heart into it. We might give up chocolate and biscuits for a couple of weeks but we don’t take it seriously. And we don’t believe for a moment that we’re really going to get slim. Why not? Because that little negative voice in our head is saying: You’re a failure! You’re fat! You’re never going to lose weight!

Well, it’s time to change! Instead of telling yourself all this negative rubbish, say something positive, for a change! For example, say this to yourself:

"I want to be slim. So I am going to stick like glue to Cambridge and learn how to control my cravings. And if I have a bad day, I’ll stop dieting until the problem passes and then I’ll start again. And nothing is going to stop me, BECAUSE I AM STRONG ENOUGH TO SUCCEED!!"

Say this paragraph out loud to yourself. Go on, don’t be embarrassed, say it! And go on saying it every day! Say it when you get up, say it at lunchtime and say it in the evening. If necessary, cut it out and put it somewhere you can see it.

You see, words change us. And it doesn’t matter who says them. As long as we hear them often enough, we end up believing them. So start saying these positive words to yourself and see the difference it makes! You’ll find dieting ten times easier.

And don’t imagine for one moment that it’s not going to work. This technique is used every day all over the world to persuade people to change their habits. You may have heard of it. It’s called advertising! :D

taken from: Positive Dieting - How to Stay Motivated and Lose Weight and shamelessly paraphrased to suit.

Last edited:
"I want to be slim. So I am going to stick like glue to Cambridge and learn how to control my cravings. And if I have a bad day, I’ll stop dieting until the problem passes and then I’ll start again. And nothing is going to stop me, BECAUSE I AM STRONG ENOUGH TO SUCCEED!

Thank you, just said it and i will continue to say it :) x

how are you getting on ?

Nope didn't even enjoy it, made the roof of my mouth feel funny x

maybe cos you were in K , usaly i find i didn't enjoy the cheat as much of as i thought i would , as its a mental thought , but its trying to find a way of dealing with that thought at the time .

Back