why oh why do I keep cheating!!

slinkysarah2b

wants big losses!
Every day is a new start and I start off so well having my shake and drinking 1 litre of water by midday then it goes to pot... I keep starting then nibbling, then feel guilty and fed up and eat some more. Its a vicious circle, I so want to do it and lose the weight then just want some food!

Thought I was in the right frame of mind but.....am I?!

Any suggestions for returners?

Annoying isn't it :hug99:

A few suggestions

Start at a different time of the day...say, after lunch, or after dinner.

Start on a higher plan, or spend 3 or 4 days with lower carb foods. (this really helps!)

Split your shakes so that it's never too long before something is due.

Don't be too hard on yourself if you do have something. Just because you fell, doesn't mean you have to lie down in it for the rest of the day.

Remember what you want. Write it down (important as it uses a different part of the brain and will help reinforce it).

I don't really believe in distraction techniques on the whole, but sometimes they are very useful, so plan your day with other things going on.

You can do it you know. If you really want to, you'll find a way to make it work.

Why don't you weigh yourself now, and start at this very moment?

i feel the exact same

i try and try but end up nibbling away

Thank you, I am going to keep trying...and have taken note of everything you say KD, it's true what you say..just coz I've nibbled, it doesn't mean, I have to ruin the rest of the day. I will keep trying... until I can make it work again, I know I can do it.

Thanks again x

Another thing that might help is that you can do it second time round. I faffed first time round and it took me something like 19 weeks to lose 2 stone, whereas this time it's taken 6 weeks.

I think if you read that it's hard it can reinforce that message. You can do it though :)

I,m pretty much the same I keep nibbling and restart the following day!
but KD's advice is good

helps!)

Don't be too hard on yourself if you do have something. Just because you fell, doesn't mean you have to lie down in it for the rest of the day.

Remember what you want. Write it down (important as it uses a different part of the brain and will help reinforce it).

You can do it you know. If you really want to, you'll find a way to make it work.

Why don't you weigh yourself now, and start at this very moment?

maybe if I just put one little cheat out of my mind and carry on for the rest of the day cheat free, instead of waiting for "tomorrow" I might be able to finally stop the nibbling

Back