Why the back fees if you miss meetings?

Its a shame you don't have more options of groups to go to and can understand the frustration of having to pay if you genuinely can't get to a group but as others have said SW is a service/business and those are their conditions.
For people that can't afford to go to groups there is the online options and there is free samples of days/menu's etc and the magazines contain quite a lot of info too and of course for those in the know theres the wonderful minimins :)

I honestly think if we didn't have to make back payments people would be more likely to go off track as they would just avoid WI after a bad week and that would just roll into another WI avoided ect.

I do agree with them, like others have said I think other slimming groups do have the same thing as well, plus slimming world is very reasonable I think as far as fee's are concerned, some diets cost you £70 + a week and don't offer the flexibility of slimming world

I stopped going to SW meetings when I started a social work placement in a child protection team. Because of the nature of the work there were often emergencies where I had to stay late at work - go to court, arrange emergency foster placements etc. I was told that I would have to register as a shift worker and give a week's notice, but as the work I was doing wasn't shift work it wasn't really practical for me. Then I discovered Minimins and started doing it from home - I've since lost 3 stone.

AS a shift worker I simply tell the person on the pay desk to book me out for the following week, if I'm on shift I'm covered and if I'm not then it doesn't matter.

AS a shift worker I simply tell the person on the pay desk to book me out for the following week, if I'm on shift I'm covered and if I'm not then it doesn't matter.

I hadn't realised that I could do that at the time. Would have made lots of sense to do. What I did do was put £5 a week away instead of paying for classes and now have £500 to spend on clothes when I reach target! :D

helzzz said:
I hadn't realised that I could do that at the time. Would have made lots of sense to do. What I did do was put £5 a week away instead of paying for classes and now have £500 to spend on clothes when I reach target! :D

WOW I love that!!! Have promised myself a shipping spree and holiday somewhere hot for when I get to target! That's such a good idea to put the £5 away each week!! X

hey cupcake; so unrelated, but the picture at the bottom of your sig is really cool? is it like a simulation of what you'll look like after a weight loss? if so, could you tell me where you got it?! thanks!

Emma! said:
hey cupcake; so unrelated, but the picture at the bottom of your sig is really cool? is it like a simulation of what you'll look like after a weight loss? if so, could you tell me where you got it?! thanks!

Oh my sis showed me where to go...I think it was mvm or sumat. There are a few others with it on here. You can put your weight in for a current picture & then see the weight you want to be. My OH then pasted them together for me. Hope that helps xo

Back