Extra Easy Days Why won't EE work?

Lisaberry

Silver Member
Hi everyone!

I was just wondering if anyone who has been adamant EE/green wont work for them has managed to turn it around? I look through Instagram and it seems every SW dinner has spuds/pasta and I feel like I'm missing out :-(

i'd really love to be able to have something other than salad/soup for lunch at work and I'm currently doing crazy long shifts, stuck at my desk from 8am-9pm with no break...when I get home it's really hard if I haven't had chance to batch cook as I can't just whack a spud in the microwave.

Anyway, I know I haven't got much to lose which doesn't help but everyone else seems to be able to lose on EE...surely my body can't work differently, argh!

Has anyone got any tips?

Hiya hun! It took me a very long time to get my head around extra easy, but now that I have I am really enjoying it.... it works if u have lots of superfree cos it helps to fill you up then u have some free food. I was on of the ones that would have swore ee would not work couldnt understand it since I had convinced myself that sw wrong cos of food combining. How ever thats obviously not the case lol. Xx

Thanks for your reply. I'm used to eating loads of SF...on red days you don't really have a choice...the only thing I can think of is that I eat too much, my dinners on red are quite small. Argh, argh, argh!

I cant undetstand why it wouldnt work for you hun. It works for me, however I was convinced it wouldn't. As long as you eat until satisfied and not just eat for the sake of eating (which I could easily do) xx

Extra easy will work if you do it properly. Food optimising is a lifestyle change not just a diet. So you have to enjoy what you're eating in order to succeed & follow it for life. If you're not enjoying your food you're not going to want to follow it. Try extra easy for a week & see how you go x

Definately a life style change, not a diet and sustainable for life! No brainer

I follow extra easy, I have never tried red or green and it's working well for me, 2stone 6lb in 23 weeks. I do make sure I always have my one third supetfree. And I do only snack on fresh fruit or if I really am hungry then a yogurt, apart from evenings in front of the telly which I save my syns for. I also try and make sure my pasta, rice or potato portions are not too big, but this is purely because I am a gannitt and eating till comfortably full on these items would never work as I'm a bottomless pit who never feels full! That said those portions are not small, eg 60g of uncooked rice or 80g of uncooked pasta, probably the equivalent if most people's large portions lol

Anyway give it another go, I find extra easy fits in very well with life and the rest if the family, I don't think I could ever stick to red or green long term, but each to their own x

I didn't believe EE could work but I'm 8 months in and just over 3 stone lighter. Don't look at it as a diet, it's a lifestyle change, it teaches you to make sensible food choices. Its flexible and I never feel like I'm going without. I think the key is forward planning - especially if you're working long hours - planning all of your meals and snacks to avoid temptation. Good luck x

I follow extra easy, I have never tried red or green and it's working well for me, 2stone 6lb in 23 weeks. I do make sure I always have my one third supetfree. And I do only snack on fresh fruit or if I really am hungry then a yogurt, apart from evenings in front of the telly which I save my syns for. I also try and make sure my pasta, rice or potato portions are not too big, but this is purely because I am a gannitt and eating till comfortably full on these items would never work as I'm a bottomless pit who never feels full! That said those portions are not small, eg 60g of uncooked rice or 80g of uncooked pasta, probably the equivalent if most people's large portions lol

Anyway give it another go, I find extra easy fits in very well with life and the rest if the family, I don't think I could ever stick to red or green long term, but each to their own x

You give me hope Becky...we're the same height and not too different weight wise. How much a week on average do you lose now? Not that it matters as anything off would be fab if I was doing EE. Hmmmmm, perhaps I should try again!

I didn't believe EE could work but I'm 8 months in and just over 3 stone lighter. Don't look at it as a diet, it's a lifestyle change, it teaches you to make sensible food choices. Its flexible and I never feel like I'm going without. I think the key is forward planning - especially if you're working long hours - planning all of your meals and snacks to avoid temptation. Good luck x

I don't think I could ever not think in a SW style way now...I do love SW just find the freedom a bit much I think....

You give me hope Becky...we're the same height and not too different weight wise. How much a week on average do you lose now? Not that it matters as anything off would be fab if I was doing EE. Hmmmmm, perhaps I should try again!

My losses are as good now as they were at the start, on average 1.5lb a week, I have strange losses though, 3lb one week followed by half the next etc but on average one and half. Although I used to allways use every one of my fifteen syns each day and I have recently cut these to ten a day (apart from we'd weigh day where I like a proper bar of choc but then only go to up to fifteen max). In order to maintain the same rate as loss. I do exercise, two spin classes and one combat class and one 5k run a week and find this helps loads. My target is for 10st 5lb but thinking of dropping to 10st as the weight is still readily coming off. I can't imagine EVER getting into the nines like you!!! Well done!!

EE didn't work for me at first, i watched people try it for weeks and these people were having brill losses! i gave it a go and i didn't shift much weight for 4 weeks, think i managed 2lbs. I then upped my superfree with every meal and since then i've been losing 2-3lbs every week on EE. I sometimes do green days too when i'm having a hungry day for the extra healthy extra's.
It's trial and error basically, it works for some and not for some... it's whatever you find easier :)

I think I get better losses on Green/Red, but Extra Easy does work - I'd say I've done Extra Easy for 75% of my weight loss so far and I'm coming up to 2 stone off after 6 months... and it's a sustainable way of healthy eating too, whereas Green/Red can be a bit restrictive for the longer term (unless you're vegetarian or just love meat!). Give it a chance and do try to remember the 1/3 superfree rule :)

Up until last week I was following EE. I lost 2 stone 2lb on EE but last week I decided to try red and green. My last loss on EE was 5lb which took me down to 15 stone 13lb, but then STS the week after then gained the next week. On average, I lost around 3lb a week on EE. My red and green week last week only gave me a 2lb loss at this weeks WI. I'm still happy with that though as it finally knocked me off the plateau I had hit on EE and took me down to 15 stone 12lb.
Following red and green again this week, will report back on Monday with this weeks loss :)

Thanks for all the replies. I think I'm going to give it another shot...I'm finding red hard to stick to at the mo and I'm ending up eating crud because of it. I'm worried about bloating though.
you all seem to be doing so well with it!

Back