Why???

sugar_lipswales

Silver Member
Why is it my sister's girlf, who is also doing Slimming World, can not eat all day, not have any healthy extras, binges on pizza after weigh in, generally not do the plan properly at all and still lose more weight than me??? And she does no exercise either!
I'm jealous as hell that she can do all of the above and still lose weight :mad::mad::mad:
I'm starting to hate her and feel really down about my own weight loss journey as it seems to have come to a screeching halt lately :cry:

HUGSxx Thing is..she's NOT really "doing" SW if she's eating like that is she hun?She's not establishing healthy habits that she can follow as a new way of life to maintain her loss which I'm pretty certain you are :)

Take another look at the stack of shinies under your sig..I think you are AMAZING and hope I do half as well as you xxx

oh and p.s I agree it is bloody annoying.hubby did zero exercise and had 15 syns a day this week,I did 7 hours swimming/had only 8.5 syns all week and he lost half a lb more than me and got SOW :rolleyes:

Noooo dont feel down!! I know how you feel...i felt really good about slimming world until my friend joined....she could go out at the weekend, get wasted, each rubbish and still lose more than me!! But look how well you have done....you are so near to target, dont let this get you down :) xx

I know she didn't start at where I did so she wont get all those shineys on her book and no exercise means she won't be as physically fit as I am but it's the feeling that I go through so much effort to lose weight doing SW properly and it doesn't seem to matter. She's even been nominated for Young Slimmer of the Year, salt in the wounds I'm afraid!

No you're not - forget about her and just focus on yourself - you can do this huge hugs

I would be too.

I get all green eyed looking at skinny people with shopping trollies full of pizza and chocolate in the supermarket, let alone when it's someone at SW.

All we can try to do is remind ourselves why we do what we do; refocus on our own journeys; and be proud of the strength we found to set ourselves challenges and find our way to health, fitness and the bodies that we want to see in the mirror.

Slow and steady wins the race!!

xxx

Dont let it demotivate you, you have done really well.

Maybe she is only like that on WI days - not eating all day then binging in the evening after WI but being really good and following plan on the other 6 days?

We can only control what we ourselves eat so try and focus on yourself and know you are following a plan that is sustainable for life.

Ranting on here will hopefully be cathartic. :)

Thats really hard but don't let it spoil your hard work!

You have done amazing and will continue to do so if not in the same way as her!

Sometimes in group when you go round the members there are some that can eat whatever and still lose and it is so unfair! Our C does usually tell them to be quiet though lol before they get lynched!

Have you told this person how you feel? Sometimes when we bottle things up it gets worse? Maybe not tell her exactly lol but just let a little bit of it out so she could possibly be more sensitive or at least aware of it and how hard you have and are working at things??
Good luck lovely xxx

I work with a girl who's on SW and she'll lose 6lbs some weeks! I'm sure she's probably following it to the book, but so am I dammit! Makes me quite resentful too but I think we just have to accept that every body is different and some will lose weight more easily than others. I believe that metabolism can be affected by genes (as well as lots of other factors of course) so some will be built to burn fat faster. Darn annoying, but the sooner we accept it the better ;)

I'm doing my best to kind of tune her out, put my blinkers on and focus on me. I've been to the gym for a good workout and for the fuss they make of me (they've seen me at my heaviest and always give me loads of fuss and compliments lol!) so hopefully if I repeat that everytime I feel like throwing a tantrum I'll be ok!

This is probably the cynical side of me, but do you know for sure that's what she is doing? Could she be making it up or have you seen her habits?

I wouldn't worry about her and try and just focus on yourself (i know that's hard in theory) but i wouldn't be surprised when she starts putting it all back on.
Least you know you're doing it the right way and you will benefit more from it in the long run.

Back