Wibbly Wobbly Start

Woo Hoo!

So I shakily shook off my downness but I still feel like I wouldn't have much willpower today and for that reason I skipped a colleagues leaving do as I found out there was a free buffet. Mean and selfish but necessary and I didn't really know the guy that well...

However I got home, and managed to stick to the plan. Yay! Feels like a baby step after being so upset yesterday and yelling at my mother for being right haha :eek:

However that isn't the main reason for my post... that would be exercise related. I have been doing a few Jillian Michaels DVD's (Lady Trainer from the US and Ozzie Biggest Loser TV Shows). I started with the Biggest Loser ones, moved on to "Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism" and then 3 days ago started "The 30 Day Shred".

It hurt a lot to finish on day one on level one and despite Jillian yelling at the camera for me "Not to phone it in!" and to keep going, I took a few too many rests and kept ignoring her and convincing myself that I couldn't do it. :rolleyes: Today is day three (just day three) and I could totally tell the difference. I was managing the cardio sections easier (although still sweating like a pig!) and most importantly....

After only managing 2 push ups on Tuesday when I started... Today I did around 10.. TEN! and I am totally stoked! Haha They were only knee ones but I have never managed to do more than 2 and after three days of being yelled at and told I could do it via a DVD... I DID IT! I'm so pleased with myself.

This achievement has spurred me on even more and I'm so determined to be not just slim but also fit. So today I bought a Running Magazine and printed off The Couch to 5K at work. It's been 2 years and about 2 stone since I last ran, jogged or waddled and I am a bit nervous but I think it's something I need to do. Especially as I was looking through an old diary from when I was slimmer and found a "Things to do in 2008" list which included running a half marathon. Needless to say I didn't get to cross it off the list. I'm not a natural runner and am pretty darn slow but I feel I shouldn't give up on a dream so need to get back into it :D

I feel like yesterday I got my groove back. Two things clicked it into place.

Firstly Richard, my boyfriend, told me on the phone when I was annoyed with myself and grumpy that he would help me stick to plan all over the weekend. He's kept his word and yesterday, made me the Spicy Chicken Drumsticks with coleslaw, chips and beans from the new magazine. Except he switched the Drumsticks for turkey breast and beans for spaghetti hoops. It was yummy! I have especially missed coleslaw but am far to lazy to try to grate carrot so I was dead chuffed that he put in the leg work this weekend. He made extra from me to take home too :D

Tonight he is doing a SW version of Nigella Lawson's Turkey Meatballs. It's just so lovely to be able to switch off and let someone else put the effort in it for a while and know no one will either accidentally or deliberately sabotage me. Haha even if that does mean Rich is asking me every five minute "Are you allowed to have this? Does this have syns?". It's also nice of him to switch to turkey as I've been a bit put off by beef mince the last few times I had it. Even the lean mince seems to have grizzle and fat in it and it makes me feel a bit sick!

Secondly, I did my first day of the Couch to 5k yesterday. I have been doing at least 20 minute workouts on DVD with Jillian Michaels for the last 2 weeks. Because of this I felt I could start on week two of the Couch to 5k. I managed it... and felt I made the right choice. I did however then go on to push myself a little too far by insisting I still do my 20 minute Jillian Michaels workout. 20 minutes doesn't sound like much but she is a killer. In 5 days since doing it, I have visibly toned up and it's a 30 day program so I don't want to allow myself to miss a day as I'm determined to stick with it. However today I hurt. My hips hurt from the running and haha my transverse ab muscles are pretty much screaming at being used and abused. It's a good kind of hurt though and I'm pleased with myself for sticking with it.

So that's how I managed to get my mojo back this time :D

Back