wife swap refugee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh wow! I remember that episode, you were great, if I remember rightly both he and his wife were quite rude when they were watching the show too.

Good luck with LL

they were really ungracious
the only thing she didnt like about my lifestyle was the fact that i owned a shop and worked but i still pick up my kids from school everyday (all 4 of them) (only forgotten a few times actually lol)
then whe decides to go back to work full time and leave the kids with her lazy man.
ps what did you think of my rabbit skinning tecniques yuk!!!!

I have to say.. its one of the wife swaps i remembered.. and liked.. seriously. i watch them all.. even the celebrity ones..
When you watched the tv show back.. did you think any of it had been editted?

And birthdays.. there isnt really a way of avoiding them is there? just try to stick to like.. aamw type of things... like chicken and veg.. kind of thing..

Ps.. Loved your rabbit skinning techniques.. hehe..

Cat x x x

the director was on my team and he his own agenda the rules are already in place sort of.
there is 170 hours of footage all cut down to 43 minutes so the director knows the story he wants to tell.
ill let you know some secrets later.

I remember your programme too, Dalite - and thought you were bluddy brilliant in it by the way! Well done on getting down to a size 18 - and good luck on the rest of your journey :)

I've just been watching tonight's episode of Wife Swap and I couldn't help but wonder how the 'Freegan' family even knew how to apply for the programme in the first place. Do they even have a telly?! :rolleyes:

At the end of each programme when they always ask "If you would like to appear in the next series of Wife Swap ..." I always have to resist the urge to shout out loud "Not on your f*****g life!" :D

Just seen the clip and I do vaguely remember watching the programme (or part of it). The bloke was full of foul language in front of his child which is pretty apalling. However, I remember being soooooo irritated by the woman going on and on and on and on calling him a little boy. Just my opinion but I think this was pretty crass behaviour too.

Snidey little comments that you know are going to really get under someone's skin are just as nasty as telling someone straight how it is. Not exactly grown up behaviour either and doesn't actually deal with the issue and resolve it.

I don't think it was a very good reflection on either of the people involved but I guess the intention of the programme is to wind people up. If I had been involved in the programme (not that I would ever do such a thing) and watched myself back I'd be far more irritated by my immaturity in goading the man by keep calling him 'little boy' than I would about my weight. You can always lose weight on a diet but you can't change your personality.

sweetpea to be honest i was a little upset when i read your post. Its not nice to be told your immature but to put it in perspective i did agree to be filmed and edited for national tv without any say and there have been a few people like yourself who have had an unusual take on the show.
But i would like to discuss a few of your comments as you have chosen to join my thread.
Is it really so immature to goad a man by calling him a lazy a few times. I wonder what you would have done after spending two weeks with a man continuously verbaly abusing you and at times being frightened for your life. You could possibly argue why did i stay and to be honest that is a question that i have continuously asked myself there is an answer for that but not one i wish to discuss at the moment. In concluding my answer to you i have had many people in abusive relationships contact me to thank me for the "courage" i showed against this very abusive man and if only for this fact i am pleased that i have shown you do not need to take abuse from anyone.
Wife swap is filmed over 2 weeks with over 170 hrs of film the director edits this in a way that will cause the most emotion from the viewers.
I am sorry that you feel you cannot change your personality.
This is something that most women i know change continuously.
I am always hearing how women are being kinder to themselves and others....how most of us try to help others more in our world.......I, like most women am not perfect but I am always trying to improve...Good luck sweetpea in all that you wish for.

Quite seriously though, he clearly has an anger management issue. I wonder if his poor wife ever had to suffer physical or emotional abuse at his hands.

Was that the first time he really lost it or were there earlier indications he had an anger issue?

I help abused women frequently and they have such poor self worth generally they won't leave such men in fear they won't find anyone else.

I did not see the rest of that episode but `i wish I had just to see how his wife came across.

Dalite - you were so brave doing that show - I would never dare - I can't even stand having my photo taken. My kids will wonder if i ever existed when they were children when they look back. Its selfish of me really.

sweetpea to be honest i was a little upset when i read your post. .

To be honest Dalite...so was I. I reckoned they did not cotton on to the fact that it was actually YOU, if you know what I mean. Maybe they did? Who knows. In any event....untill you walk a mile in someone's shoes....etc....we only saw him in a quick vid....you had to live with the sod!! I think your patience was great, and you are entitled to lose it at some stage!

Don't take it to heart. :)

TBH, i have just seen the clip and i came away with the same opinion that sweatpea did. Obviously from reading the rest of the thread i know there was more to it than that, but the clip in question does not paint either of you in a very good light.

I think you are very brave to have done the show and from your and other people's comments it seems like you had a lot to contend with, so well done for getting through it.

I just re-watched it too....and I guess I can sort of see what you mean Sil and Sweet - but I related to this as I have once been with a man who talks over you like he was, and will not let you asy your piece, and that is so unbelieveably maddening and frustration - it becomes quite easy to blurt andy thing out just to throw a barb or be heard.....that is one of the most unpleasant forms of comunication, and it drove me to say childish things as well. I am not a fighter at all, and ill equipped with tools to deal with conflict or confrontations....so if someone talks you down, you just say whatever you feel will hurt them - it becomes a fight fire with fire situation. At least thats how it was for me - and it went on a lot longer the 2 weeks!! It was horrible. Wouldn't wish a man like that on anyone!!

I can see both sides of the matter I guess. :)

One of the problems with this discussion now is that, deliberately or not, it has caused some upset.

The whole point of this forum is to show support to our friends who are undertaking this huge weight loss merry go round challenge.

Negative comments are one of the catalysts for people failing, falling off the wagon, perhaps we all need to remember this when we are commenting on things -fair or not, some comments can be hurtful and are maybe better left unsaid even if you think them.

There is nothing wrong with healthy debate but people have feelings and we have all probably eaten emotionally.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back