Wii Fit Plus - any good?

pink_kelly

I'm thinking about investing in a wii fit plus (i've not used wii fit before), I just wondered if you fellow xenical ladies rated it well? Does it actually help?

xxx

i found it really good, but it does get boring. i used wii fit plus 3 days a week and got the game "just dance" and did 1hr on that the other days! that meant i didnt get too bored with the wii fi!

xcx

I have the Wii Fit Plus but quickly got bored with it. My favourite at the moment is the EA Sports "Active" game for the Wii, I really feel it afterwards! This can be used with or without the balance board and comes with a leg strap and resistance band.

KB

Ooo thank you for the advice - I'm going to get the EA games one as it's only £15 on the play.com website, which is quite a bit cheaper than wii fit which is an important factor as I'm saving pennys at the minute for my holiday.

Thank you ladies. I love you all already xxx

The mrs has wii fit and I prefer the biggest loser if im honest. It's less "fun" because they aren't games but there are TONNES of different excercise routines and challenges and it definately works you harder than wii fit.

Ooo asda have that one - I may give that a try too. Do you need a wii fit board thing for it to work?

I prefer the biggest loser if im honest. It's less "fun" because they aren't games but there are TONNES of different excercise routines and challenges and it definately works you harder than wii fit

I'd been wondering about getting this one...I have the Wii Fit Plus, and the EA Sports Active, and out of the two, I think the EA is much better if you're looking for a 'serious' workout.
I'm no good at their set workouts because my fitness level is below zero! But I like the way you can build your own workouts, and that it works out how many calories you're likely to burn doing them.

Now I just need to get it back out of the box instead of just thinking about doing it ;)....

I'm not sure if it's needed if im honest but I'd highly recommend getting the board. It actually seemed to tailor excercise routines to me (plus working out a set of routines to make sure everything is covered ie cardio, muscle groups etc).

I'm really looking forward to xbox Kinnect being released, the excercise games look amazing (for those that don't know its a device that fully maps your body and it's movement, like a Wii but without the controls and the board!)

I don't tend to use the games myself anymore mind, I've been hitting the gym 3 times a week. Doing the C25K thing atm too (Coach to 5K) managed to run 3.5miles on tuesday! Not bad for someone close to 300lbs haha

Well I've been going swimming twice a week for an hour each time, so I thought it'd be good to do something at home in between.
Thank you all for the advice. I've had a email from play, the EA sports active game has been dispatched woo! xx

The mrs has wii fit and I prefer the biggest loser if im honest. It's less "fun" because they aren't games but there are TONNES of different excercise routines and challenges and it definately works you harder than wii fit.

I liked this one initially but went off it quite quickly. It's very American which is one problem but I'm afraid I just got bored.
The "Active" is very good and has a 30 day challenge which keeps me going back to it, 2 days exercise and a rest day, then 2 days exercise and so on. The workouts are a mixture of traditional things such as squats/running etc, mixed in with sport related ones such as tennis, boxing, baseball which makes it fun. Board not required but it adds an extra dimension.

KB

I liked this one initially but went off it quite quickly. It's very American which is one problem but I'm afraid I just got bored.
The "Active" is very good and has a 30 day challenge which keeps me going back to it, 2 days exercise and a rest day, then 2 days exercise and so on. The workouts are a mixture of traditional things such as squats/running etc, mixed in with sport related ones such as tennis, boxing, baseball which makes it fun. Board not required but it adds an extra dimension.

KB

Thank you! :whacky068: xx

Back