Wii Fit - yay or nay?

Get EA active instead, it gives you a better workout and is half the price. Wii Fit is fun but i dont find any fitness benefits from it. Always work up a sweat on EA active.

My opinion - Nay.

xx

Wii fit is great fun, great exercise but not really for cardio. The yoga and muscle work outs are brilliant and you can feel the benefits but the cardio is a bit boring - step, hula and jogging gets tiresome quite quickly.

It's not too bad if you already have a wii but tbh my big problem is moving the coffee table, setting the thing up and wearing the lounge carpet out!

My opinion - Nay.

I have a wii fit and if you put the effort in, you can work up a sweat! Lol. It can be a bit boring as Jaylou says, but it really is more for the whole family...my 3 year old loves it!
One thing I would say though is if you do get it, do not go by the scales that are with the programme as these are definitely not accurate!

Its ok, but there are others on the market that are just as good...would I get it again??? Probably not for the reason it was intended, but as fun...yes.

I vote the EA Active too and not the Fit if you want cardio... I work up more of a... well a hell of a sweat on the Active. Fit is good if you have kids to have a giggle...

I have wii fit, yeah it was great when it came out, everyone loved it and they have yoga and some muscle workout and tbh i didnt use it after a week cos takes forever to unlock other stuff ie boxing.

Then brought wii active and omg now that is a workout, cost first month at the gym and works you out, but i do use the wii fit board with active as you can use the board with other games to.

For me its a Nah only cos of the active out, but family still use it.

i love the fit! just got it and its so much fun and if you do it enough then you can feel the benefits!
i would say yay!!

Wii fit is fun but not much of a workout. I think wii fit 2 which is coming out sometime this year is supposed to be better. I've got my fitness coach which is a really good cardio workout and also it tailors itself to which programme you are using and gets harder over time (if you say it's too easy).

I just got mine yesterday, well - for my son really but treated myself to the Wii fit which was bundled with EA sports active and Wii sports which I've been loving (esp the boxing)!

I haven't been able to try the wii fit yet but sounds like the active will be better, good family fun though.

Worth hunting around, the set we got had quite good savings, so worked out much cheaper buying them all together. (from Currys)

the wii fit is okay, if a little boring. You have to choose the individual exercises and then unlock additional ones by putting in x amount of time on the wii fit.

EA Sports Active on the other hand gives you a complete workout which it puts together for you. No 2 exercise routines are the same as it makes up different routines each time. It's hard work and fun too. If I had the choice again I would buy the ea sports active and not the wii fit (which I don't use any more).

I also have the 'my fitness coach' which I use also. It's not as good as the easa and is more of a cardio / aerobics programme than a body conditioning programme like the easa - in my humble opinion.

I defintely recommend you buying a wii and easa - it's cheaper than the gym and you can fit in the exercise in with your lifestyle.

my children got this between them for christmas last year and it has been a great sauce of amusement and enjoyment. i have had a few goes but i really dont seem to have got the hang of it. they all kill themselves laughing at me trying to hoolahoop.

but i would say it is a very worth investment but i dont really know how well it would help with people loosing weight.

Just an update - I had a few goes on the boxing yesterday (wii sports game) and I am aching like mad today! My arms really have had a work out, I think I must have been taking it rather seriously ;)

Definitely good fun and if it can help tone up my bingo wings - I'll be thrilled :)

Back