wii fit

corrina

hi every1, well today i have bought a wii fit, does anybody have one and has it helped with your weight loss at all xxx

thanks in advance xxx :cool::cool:

Where do I begin? I love it! (apart from the fact it gave my age as 70! but it keeps giving me the one foot balance test!) I've had mine just over 2 weeks and I've gone from being major coach potato to doing 10 hours over 2 weeks! I have however spent £10 on My Fitness coach which has supplemented the Wiifit, and do a combination of both. I've lost 4lbs since I got it, and I've definitely noticed a difference in my fitness levels. I've lost an inch off both my bust and hips too! And the boxing definitely works round your ribs! I'm not as tired after work , but haven't noticed it making me sleep better yet. I think as a fitness aid it's a good start, and it'll keep me exercising in winter when I wouldn't think of exercising outside, BUT! Wii fit in itself wouldn't keep me interested enough. MFC is a good and cheap add on, and I hear very good reports of EA sports active which is compatible with the board, tho it's expensive. Having said that, it makes exercise fun, and you can do free step for half an hour whilst watching tv!

You know, I've never got on with the free step, I find it a bit boring...
But the balance game where you have to get the balls in the holes is brill lol

What's 'my fitness coach'??

I love my wii fit! I try to go on it every other day for 30 minutes but even the weeks when I only manage to get on it once or twice it makes such a difference! I think it has helped me loose at least 3lbs more a month than I expected.

i used to do mine every day for half hour and it slowed my weight loss down,so now i dont do it and the weight is coming off.i have got ea active it is good but it does my back in and i cant walk properly for the rest of the week so am laying off it

My Fitness Coach is an interactive "game" for the Wii. The coach is Maya and you have to do an assessment, (I still can't do the star jumps!) and measure yourself. Then "she" asks what your main focus is, and you put weightloss and she works out a programme for you. You never get the same workout twice, so it's not like a dvd, tho the exercises are a bit repetitive and I march on the spot rather than do the turn step,. But you can overide the cardio bit and do yoga, pilates, exs for upper body, core or lower body. and she'll tell you off if you don't turn up for one of your sessions!
It's not perfect, but you work harder than the wiifit and for a tenner from amazon you get your money back pretty quickly. It explains it better than I can too.

I have it and went on it once lol! I find it hard to fit it in with looking after my 13 month old who wants undivided attention lol! hopefully when he goes to nursery in october and I go back to uni I might use it more! (or I might make up more excuses like lots of coursework lol) who knows we will see ....

I like using Wii Fit though the calorie burn isn't as high as MFC or EA Sports Active. However they are different stles of fitness games. I like using EA Sports Active which is compatible with the Wii Fit board though would recommend using a heart rate monitor instead of the onscreen calorie burn count as a lot of people have commented that their actual burn rate can be about double that on the screen depending on the type of exercises. The screen said I was burning 250 but in actual fact was over 500 in one exercise! It's interactive and checks you're doing the moves correctly and the pace etc and I find the time goes really quickly! Though if I feel like a more relaxing less bouncing around workout I would use the Wii Fit :)

So Spoonz, would you say that the EA Sports active is worth the money?

It certainly makes the " go and lie down in a darkened room" feeling go away!

My Wii Fit has sat in a dark corner of the room for over a year.

My EA Sports Active, however, is used daily :)

If you want to FEEL like you are exercising, then EA Sports is the way to go. If you like more "balance" games, then Wii Fit is the way to go.

i agree my wii fit is also sat in the corner yet the ea active i did enjoy,will get it out when im nearer target cause when i exercise i never seem to lose weight

Ea Active is worth every penny in my opinion

My Fitness Coach is an interactive "game" for the Wii. The coach is Maya and you have to do an assessment, (I still can't do the star jumps!) and measure yourself. Then "she" asks what your main focus is, and you put weightloss and she works out a programme for you. You never get the same workout twice, so it's not like a dvd, tho the exercises are a bit repetitive and I march on the spot rather than do the turn step,. But you can overide the cardio bit and do yoga, pilates, exs for upper body, core or lower body. and she'll tell you off if you don't turn up for one of your sessions!
It's not perfect, but you work harder than the wiifit and for a tenner from amazon you get your money back pretty quickly. It explains it better than I can too.

That sound excellent - I'll have a look for it on Amazon..

One question...do you use your wii fit balance board with this?

my fitness coach doesn't use the balance board at all, it does a fitness test/takes your details then builds a programme and it modifies it to your level by asking you after different sections whether you found it too easy, working hard, or couldn't keep up. :D

also note that my fitness coach: cardio workout is coming next week which I've pre-ordered! :D the reviews on amazon.com (under golds gym cardio workout) have been good, and while I like playing the boxing on the wii fit and ea sports active, the routines aren't that varied and are a small part of the programmes. hopefully it lives up to expectations! :)

been using the wii fit more recently just because on the diet i feel a bit weaker and don't feel as much like bouncing around the living room as before so just doing more yoga. hit 10 hours play time this evening! :D the downside to the wii fit is that you don't have a whole programme of exercise to go through, you select different items to do one at a time.

Yeah, I have a wii fit, and have enjoyed using it (although I haven't done so in months!)
I'm wanting something else to do on it and have been saying that I need to do more exercise for ages...
I'm wondering if the cardio one might be better than the original?

Back