Wii or kenect?

Zest for Life

Gold Member
As anyone tried both for the fitness or zumba ect..? Which is best?
One son has Wii the other has kinect, I don't know which one to go for.

I have a wii fit and I love it. I want Zumba Fitness, but am waiting until march. now the new one is out it should be cheaper because of thatanyway, but come march time people will be giving up and flogging their christmas pressies second hand and cheap hahahahahaha!

Hi, I saw a review on the gadget show back in November. Which showed that the kinnect had the best results, between this the wiii and another one. They did exercise games and had heart monitors on, and they said the kinnect was the one that closely resembled the heart monitor results.

Cant say I have used the wii, I do have the kinnect and like it.

Karen27 said:
As anyone tried both for the fitness or zumba ect..? Which is best?
One son has Wii the other has kinect, I don't know which one to go for.

I love wii Zumba! My friend has Xbox tho and it's miles better! You don't have a remote for starters!

I've previously owned a Wii and had Wii Fit...whilst it was fun, I didn't think it pushed me hard enough. Also I found that sometimes it wouldn't track movements well. I also played Just Dance on the Wii, and again I found it wasn't good at tracking your movement...I would actually work hard and try and follow the routines, often with the console not picking it up but my DH would often just wave the remote around and it would say 'Perfect! Great work!' etc. I found it was more fun than a workout that had me sweating.

We now have Xbox Kinect, and its fantastic. My favourite game is Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2012. Its great, really gets you sweating, and is very precise at tracking your movements etc. And you don't need to hold a remote! Also have Zumba Fitness which again is fun and gets me sweating. xxx

trixie89 said:
I've previously owned a Wii and had Wii Fit...whilst it was fun, I didn't think it pushed me hard enough. Also I found that sometimes it wouldn't track movements well. I also played Just Dance on the Wii, and again I found it wasn't good at tracking your movement...I would actually work hard and try and follow the routines, often with the console not picking it up but my DH would often just wave the remote around and it would say 'Perfect! Great work!' etc. I found it was more fun than a workout that had me sweating.

We now have Xbox Kinect, and its fantastic. My favourite game is Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2012. Its great, really gets you sweating, and is very precise at tracking your movements etc. And you don't need to hold a remote! Also have Zumba Fitness which again is fun and gets me sweating. xxx

Brilliant, thanks for the reply, I was hoping someone would have had them both.
I'll go with kinect :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Brilliant, thanks for the reply, I was hoping someone would have had them both.
I'll go with kinect :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

You wont regret it! I started using the Your Shape game at the start of the month and I've lost 9lbs since using it, so I really think its making a difference :) xxx

I use my wii 4 times a week along with running and the gym if i can get there (payg membership)

I'd heard the Kinnect was better in comparison to the Wii, but i suppose it all depends on what you are more likely to keep going with! Given the choice, i'd prob go with the xbox as it seems to track better, although the Wii seems more fun!!!

You star! I was just going to ask the very same question! I think i am going to invest in the Kinect. I have the wii and it's great for a couple of things so won't be getting rid of but i will be investing in the kinect. I wonder if they have a free run game on the kinect like they have on the wii fit. I quite like that one.

Back