Will excersising right before weigh in affect results on the scales?

shezam

Silver Member
Hi all,

There is a new zumba class which has started a 5 min walk from my house, I really REALLY want to go, its at 6-7 and my weigh in is 730-8, plan was to go to zumba then go home, quick change etc jump in the car and go to weigh in. I'm worried after reading posts about water retention and how it can take a while to show on the scales.

Do you think it would make a difference excersising that close to weigh in?
Sxxx

makes me gain if i exercise even a day or so before weigh in. Everyones different, all you can readlly do it try it our and see if it effects you or not.

I know that I did an hours gym work the day before WI and I gained a pound. I'd been 100% on plan all week and that was the only thing my consultant and I could put it down to.

But everybody's body works differently.

It would only affect it the first time! I always go to the gym for a hour half hour before my weigh in. Please dont not exercise because you think it might cause you to gain. Exercise is brilliant for weight loss.

I would definately advise you to do the zumba!! Have fun!

I lose weight when I exercise-I've even jumped on the scales b4 and after a workout and can lose upto 2lb but like it was said earlier-it'l only affect it the 1st time. X

Back