Will have to improvise today....

Nikkiwales

Decided against going into morrisons yesterday after WI as i had food for the day. Thought i would leave it for today. I am now snowed in and have ds off school. So i'm going to have to revise my eating plans for today and use what i have.

Have to admit. I struggle when my plan gets changed. Trying to firgure out what i can have with what i have left. Will have to be a EE day. Problem is i don't have much fruit or veg left.

Damn snow

I would imagine there are a few of us home today because of the weather - I know I am! Why not post what food you have and we'll have a Minimins type 'Ready Steady Cook' challenge - may give everyone some ideas?? xxx

Good idea

i have
eggs
couple sausages left
chicken i can get out the freezer and lean mince
have plenty garlic
passata
tin toms
savoy cabbage ( little bit left)
punnet of strawberries
cheese
tin salmon
have some salad stuff

Good idea

i have
eggs
couple sausages left
have plenty garlic
passata
tin toms
punnet of strawberries
cheese
tin salmon
have some salad stuff

Thats pretty good really! You have strawbs for snacking. Have you pasta? If so passatta, garlic, and pasta either with chicken or mince for dinner.
And chicken salad for lunch, or salmon salad? Have you any tinned chickpeas to bulk up salad, or cous cous?
Or you can do an ommelette with the eggs, have you any onion, toms or cheese to add? Or potatoes ( for sw chips) or oven chips to have with ommelette?

Nicola xx

Do you have any fruit or veg lurking in your freezer or in tins ??? Every little helps ! Can you walk to a local shop ? Hope you manage today xxx

thanks for that Nicola

I do have couple of pots left and some onions. running really low on tinned foods though. Just have the salmon and tin toms. oh yes i have dried pasta and noodles forgot about this. Just been searching through my cupboards

I would imagine there are a few of us home today because of the weather - I know I am! Why not post what food you have and we'll have a Minimins type 'Ready Steady Cook' challenge - may give everyone some ideas?? xxx

Please comment on my post in the Recipes section :)

I know what you mean, but you don't think til its too late!! I have now (after getting caught out last week lol) stocked up on long life skimmed milk, and have bread, veg, and fruit and mullers in the freezer - not a lot of use for you now, I know!!!

Good idea

i have
eggs
couple sausages left
have plenty garlic
passata
tin toms
punnet of strawberries
cheese
tin salmon
have some salad stuff

My Menu with those ingredients would be:
B- eggs and sausages
S-strawberries
L- Lean mince meat cooked with garlic/onions/herbs/tomatoes and some pasta
D- salmon salad
You can always see if your neighbours have some veg you can borrow?
I'm in the same boat..snowed in! Good luck!

If you get really desperate, perhaps you could do a swap of things you do have more of with a neighbour ? Or if you see any of your neighbours heading out perhaps you could ask them to collect you some fruit.... of course this only works if you know/get on with your neighbours ! Maybe its cheeky, but if you're desperate, you dont know if you dont ask.

Tin toms and passata with garlic could be great to make a tom soup :)

If you get really desperate, perhaps you could do a swap of things you do have more of with a neighbour ? Or if you see any of your neighbours heading out perhaps you could ask them to collect you some fruit.... of course this only works if you know/get on with your neighbours ! Maybe its cheeky, but if you're desperate, you dont know if you dont ask.

The neighbour swap thng is a great idea!

I know if I had milk or bread these would be the things people might swap for fruit and veg (people do go mad for milk and bread). Its surprising how people pull together in these unusual situations :)

Purple star - thats funny !!! :D

can anyone give me ideas for quick and easy packed lunches as sometimes when I get in from work late and sort my dogs/house out etc, I haven't always got time to do packed lunches, I know fruit and mullers plus the grab and go HE are good but has anyone else got an idea of more "meal" type things I can bring?much appreciated.Red x

well it doesn't look like my neighbours are going out either. Cars are snowed in quite a bit and i think unless its essential like work, people are staying in, like me. I think i can get by with your lovely ideas today.

I had my HEB and some HEA this morning for weetabix.

So i think for lunch i'll make the pasta with chicken and passatta with onions, garlic and orange peppers and make enough to have for lunch tomorrow as well.

snacks will be my strawbs and cup of tea, oh and i have a curly wurly in the fridge

dinner i'm not decided yet. Not sure whether to get the mince out as well and make it with onions, garlic, gravy and use up my cabbage ( sf food)

I am completely stuck as well, staying at my bfs. The total sum of the food we have is bread, cheese, pancakes (8 syns each!!!) or english muffins (8.5syns)

and milk..

:/

Back