Will I do it?!

jooshik

Hi!

So I have decided. Today is the day. Not tomorrow, next week or 1st of January. TODAY.
I have done this millions times before and it's in my mind every day so I better do something with it.
I did do some calorie counting a year ago and lost almost 3 stone.
Unfortunately have put one back on with a year.
So time to get back on the horse and do it!

Would like to make some minimins friends who could keep an eye on me and offer some advice when I'm slipping and hopefully I can do the same for someone. I know how hard it is and how important is the support.

THE PLAN is to eat around 1200 calories per day. Not be too strict about it.
Try and do some biking when I have time. Hopefully 60 mins per week to start with.

So yeah. Let it begin! :)

Oh yeah starting weight 183 lbs (13 stone 1 / 83 kg)

Last edited:
I think I will need to write everything down what I eat so I can see what I'm doing wrong!

So breakfast:
1/2 turkey sandwich 250
Coffee with skimmed milk 20

Lunch:

Other half of the turkey sandwich
Coffee

Snacking on cherry tomatoes. 30
40 g weetabix choc chip minis w skimmed milk 250
dark kit kat 110

Dinner:
Boiled buckwheat
skinless chicken tights
tomato
onion
carrot

I's about 1222 calories according to the fitness pal.

Feeling really full at the moment.
Hopefully I won't have a cheeky mince pie later ;p

Last edited:
Hiya Jooshik, welcome to Minimins!

You sound like you're definitely in the right frame of mind for this, and your plan sounds great as well. I'll keep an eye on you :p I think you've got the best idea about not being too strict, as by not allowing yourself to eat what you want (in moderation of course) seems to be the downfall of a lot of dieters.

All the best of luck! How often are you planning on weighing-in?

Hi Tweekedgirl!

Thank you for your support!!!
I know the right thing is to weight one a week.
BUT I'm addicted to it. I do it every morning. I think it motivates me. Even if it hasn't changed.
And I am fully aware how weigh changes daily...

I don't know..probably would be the best if I do it "officially" one a week and then have my secret pleasures of weighing :p

I'll be checking out your diary...but by your ticker it looks like you are doing amazingly! Will look out for some tips :) x

I am hungry but I will wait. Will get ready first. No one has died of hunger with waiting 30 minutes. :)

Morning!

Scales showed 2 pounds less already which is brilliant! I haven't seen them do that for a long time!

So good start. :)

I think the key might be in healthy light dinners for me. Will try that more often.

I used to have little breakfasts and lunches and big dinners but it's not really recommended to eat too late anyway and the weight didn't seem to shift like that.

Just need to test out different things again to see what works for me.

I was dreaming last night that maybe I could lose a stone by Christmas. That would be a nice present for me. But I think 10 pounds would be brilliant result. Don't want to push myself and then be disappointed.

Another day at home doing university work. I rather go in so I wouldn't have opportunities to snack.

Yesterday I tried to have water every time I wanted something. I think it worked. I did have a mince pie though on top of my 1222 calories. I just told my fitness pal that my goal is to lose 1 pound per week not 2 and it allowed me over 1400 calories!! :)

Anyway I thought I'll aim for 1200 per day and maximum is 1400.

Food today:
I'll be updating this post during the day.

Breakfast:
Kingsmill 50/50 bread toasted 1 slice no spread 100 cal
2 slices of ham 50
coffee with skimmed milk 20
cherry tomatoes 20

Lunch:

Kingsmill Medium Sliced - 50/50, 2 slices 200
Bernard Mathews - Turkey Breast Chunks Hickory Bbq, 50 g 59
Branston - Original Pickle, 10 g 11
Kellogs Special K - Cracker Crisps - Salt & Vinegar, 0.5 pack 48
half of Tomato 20

Dinner:
Cod fillets, chips, beans, veg.
Mince pie
Banana

All together:
1283 cal

Last edited:
Hi Clanger72!

Thanks very much for your supporting words!
It helps SO SO much when someone is telling you that! x

I just had lunch.
After that I made myself a coffee and really fancied something sweet with it.
I had a choice between dark kit kat and mince pie.
I decided to have a glass of water while the coffee was brewing.
After that I didn't want them anymore.
Little win :)

I think it's been ok today. Considering I've been in all day long.
Made breaded cod fillets, oven chips, beans and vegetables for dinner.
Added up all the calories before and it went well over my daily limit. But then it dawned! I don't have to have the full portions. I can have half of the fish and a bit of beans and chips and lots out veg! So I did and I'm happy and full :)

Day 3! So far so good.
Had nice light breakfast. Banana, fat free yogurt and some cranberry juice. Actually it came to almost to 300 calories. It's quite a lot but they were good calories. Not like mince pies :p

Clanger72 said:
It's amazing how quickly the calories add up isn't it!
Mmm......mince pies :)

I know!! But that's the thing isn't it. You have to master it in your head. The right kind of thinking. Will I have this tiny tiny piece of cake or will I have list of healthy yummy carrots with hummus instead and it will fill me for a long time but after the cake I still need to eat something.

I've got one mince pie left :p

You are doing great! :)

Oh god I'm full.
Just had leftovers from the other day.
Buckwheat and chicken tights. It's SO filling!
Time for my lunchtime coffee!

I wish I would feel the need to exercise. I have no willpower for that. I just don't like it :) I get bored.
It's no problem for me to go to gym and to an hour of cardio - I don't even sweat - I just get bored of doing the same thing.
Same with swimming. Back and forth, back and forth.
Even the idea of exercise is boring.
Wish I wouldn't think like that.

Hey Jooshi, you're doing well!

With the exercise, is there anything active you enjoy which you could do but wouldn't see as exercise? Haha if that makes any sense.

For example, I like to go out a lot for walks with the other half and we just wander around and chat for half an hour to an hour and I don't count it as exercise but that burns about 100/150 calories and walking is great for toning the legs and bum. Also things like dancing games on the Xbox/PS3 can be a good laugh and a good workout? The gym definitely isn't for everyone but there are loads of fat burning activities that you could try. x

Back