Will I ever be able to do a press-up?

Discussion in 'Fitness Health and Exercise' started by judimac, 7 October 2009 Social URL.

1. judimac

judimac Mad old Bat with Attitude

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Diet:
    WW
    This is something I've never been able to do, on my knees yes! But the NewU Wii game seems to be SO orientated towards them ! I can go down about 2" but that's all!:eek:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. CrazyBrit

CrazyBrit Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st6lb
    Current Weight:
    21st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Healthy eating
    Sure. Just keep working on your triceps and eventually you'll get there :)

Most people's triceps are a little feeble, as we rarely use them in our daily lives unless you throw things for a living ;)

4. judimac

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Diet:
    WW
    Only hissy fits :p

5. CrazyBrit

CrazyBrit Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st6lb
    Current Weight:
    21st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Healthy eating
    Hehehehe :D

If your triceps are especially feeble, I suggest leaning against a wall and doing "push-ups" off against the wall, using your body weight as the resistance. Then progress on to doing push-ups from your knees rather than your toesiewoesies. Finally sneak one in on your toes, then another, then just keep adding more full body-length press-ups to the knee-length ones until they're all full-length :)

6. Justin

Justin Banned

Core strength is often lagging in females, which makes your back sag when you try push ups.

If you arent already, keep up the planks and swiss ball rollouts, or any core exericse where you have to keep the core still (see my core conundrum post again)

but in short, the answer is YES, you will be able to do a press up. Its just practice and strengthening the core, shoulders and triceps with similar exercises.

7. judimac

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Diet:
    WW
    Thanks Justin! I am doing planks, ordinary and side :eek:, and a pilates workout most days. I have a swiss ball, but it tends to live in the cupboard under the stairs! I fell off it and bruised my ribs a while back :(

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.