Will i fit in the plane seat?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by stilltoowide, 20 April 2011 Social URL.

Post New ThreadFind New
  1. stilltoowide

stilltoowide Full Member

Start Weight:
    25st5lb
    Current Weight:
    22st5lb
    Lost(%):
    3st0lb(11.83%)
    Hi guys,

after losing, gaining and well starting to lose again can anyone give me some heads up?

I weigh 280lbs and 5ft 4 so my arse and hips are pretty substantial we are flying with flythomascook in about 8 weeks and looking at their site the width can be 16-5 - 17inches, My son is 2 and will be next to me so I will not overspill onto a stranger, any words of comfort, warning welcome....

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. B2B25/8

B2B25/8 Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st13lb
    Hi Hun, I flew with thomascook last year summer weighing about 240-250lbs. The seats were not too bad (I had that dreaded panic before hand also) If I can recall correctly I think the arm rests separating the seats go up which makes it bit more comfy.

4. tinkerbellsmum

tinkerbellsmum Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    healthy eating
    hun thats 8 weeks away don't panic you could lose aleast 28lbs by then and i think more than likely more

5. stilltoowide

stilltoowide Full Member

Start Weight:
    25st5lb
    Current Weight:
    22st5lb
    Lost(%):
    3st0lb(11.83%)
    Thanks guys, I am still on track so far, and am hoping to have lost at least 28lbs by then too - I have flown at 260lb but that was like 9 years ago, and I did fit ! But seeing 16.5 inches wide seats has spiralled me into a panic.

6. B2B25/8

B2B25/8 Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st13lb
    I think your be fine Hun and even more so by then! They seem to cram people into planes these days, the leg room is always rubbish. I think we paid £10 extra for the seats with extra legroom when checking in.... Was so worth it in the end as bf is 6ft!

Try not to let it worry you too much, I was worrying for days before my flight and panicking but all turned out ok in the end and I'm sure that they will b fine for u too.

Can't wait for the days that I don't need to worry about these little things that thin people don't give a second thought too!

7. lshafik

lshafik Full Member

Start Weight:
    21st6.5lb
    Current Weight:
    21st6.5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I am also flying on the 13th May to Florida and i am dreading the seats....:( Luckily I will be going with mum so we can squash up together :)

8. Susie Tuesday

Susie Tuesday Seriously???

Start Weight:
    18st4lb
    Current Weight:
    18st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st13lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Sole Source
    Oh I'm off to Florida too but not until June :-(

Flew last October to the states a lot bigger than I am now and seats were fine although I'm 2 st and hopefully 3 down before I go in June I'm still panicking.

The things we worry about lol x

9. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    At a similar weight and height it was a tight squeeze but I could sit in the seat. I did need an extension but asked for it getting on. The tray wouldn't go down but I coped.

Irene xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.