Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Will i fit in the plane seat?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by stilltoowide, 20 April 2011 Social URL.

1. stilltoowide

stilltoowide Full Member

Start Weight:
    25st5lb
    Current Weight:
    22st5lb
    Lost(%):
    3st0lb(11.83%)
    Hi guys,

after losing, gaining and well starting to lose again can anyone give me some heads up?

I weigh 280lbs and 5ft 4 so my arse and hips are pretty substantial we are flying with flythomascook in about 8 weeks and looking at their site the width can be 16-5 - 17inches, My son is 2 and will be next to me so I will not overspill onto a stranger, any words of comfort, warning welcome....

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. B2B25/8

B2B25/8 Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st13lb
    Hi Hun, I flew with thomascook last year summer weighing about 240-250lbs. The seats were not too bad (I had that dreaded panic before hand also) If I can recall correctly I think the arm rests separating the seats go up which makes it bit more comfy.

4. tinkerbellsmum

tinkerbellsmum Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    healthy eating
    hun thats 8 weeks away don't panic you could lose aleast 28lbs by then and i think more than likely more

5. stilltoowide

stilltoowide Full Member

Start Weight:
    25st5lb
    Current Weight:
    22st5lb
    Lost(%):
    3st0lb(11.83%)
    Thanks guys, I am still on track so far, and am hoping to have lost at least 28lbs by then too - I have flown at 260lb but that was like 9 years ago, and I did fit ! But seeing 16.5 inches wide seats has spiralled me into a panic.

6. B2B25/8

B2B25/8 Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st13lb
    I think your be fine Hun and even more so by then! They seem to cram people into planes these days, the leg room is always rubbish. I think we paid £10 extra for the seats with extra legroom when checking in.... Was so worth it in the end as bf is 6ft!

Try not to let it worry you too much, I was worrying for days before my flight and panicking but all turned out ok in the end and I'm sure that they will b fine for u too.

Can't wait for the days that I don't need to worry about these little things that thin people don't give a second thought too!

7. lshafik

lshafik Full Member

Start Weight:
    21st6.5lb
    Current Weight:
    21st6.5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I am also flying on the 13th May to Florida and i am dreading the seats....:( Luckily I will be going with mum so we can squash up together :)

8. Susie Tuesday

Susie Tuesday Seriously???

Start Weight:
    18st4lb
    Current Weight:
    18st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st13lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Sole Source
    Oh I'm off to Florida too but not until June :-(

Flew last October to the states a lot bigger than I am now and seats were fine although I'm 2 st and hopefully 3 down before I go in June I'm still panicking.

The things we worry about lol x

9. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    At a similar weight and height it was a tight squeeze but I could sit in the seat. I did need an extension but asked for it getting on. The tray wouldn't go down but I coped.

Irene xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.