Will I gain weight from overeating fruit?

Would be interested to see what people say as I have eaten quite a lot of pineapple the past few days

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I always wondered this one too, although I have eaten lots of apples, pineapple, strawberries, blueberries etc. over the past weeks and still had good weight loss.

I'm a bit of a melon feind mostly as its a lot cheaper but my local fruit and veg place were clearing pineapples 3 for 50p...couldn't let them go to waste :D

Well, fruit is mostly super free on SW, and they do advise you to fill up on Superfree foods when you're feeling hungry. So I would say you're not doing anything wrong.

No nothing wrong with stuffing your face with fruit..got to be better than stuffing it with chocolate etc! Lol. Hows the weight loss going so far everyone? X

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

1st week, -12lb (think I might have weighed myself incorrectly the first time as it seems like an unreal amount), 2nd week 2lb, 3rd week maintained, 4th week, we will see on Sunday ;) how's yours going? xx

Started SW three weeks ago and I've eaten more fresh fruit than ever in my life before and lost 5lb. Not as much as some do in the first few weeks but I have less to go than some and PCOS. I currently have a pomelo addiction and that is a Superspeed food!
Think about what you might be eating otherwise! For me it would be chocolate, biscuits, canned fruit with lots of juice....
The fibre and vitamins are crucial to your health. Also, while sugar has a lot of fructose sugars in it, eating it with the fibre means that these are digested slowly and therefore your blood sugar stays stable. If you juice/mash the fruit, the sugars are absorbed more quickly and it is not so good for you.

I have a massive bowl of fruit for breakfast and with lunch then often after dinner too most days and it's not harmed my losses. Yesterday I had 2 apples, a pear, half a melon, handful of strawberries, 2 satsumas, a pot of fresh pineapple and a punnet of raspberries. WI tonight so we shall see ;-)

All I can say that though fruit is good for you there is a lot natural sugars. If you eat a lot be careful of tooth decay and expect peak and troughs in your sugar levels.

Fruit is much better for you than some foods yes obviously, but it's like anything all in moderation, don't just eat it for the sake of it I try to only eat it when hungry/ have a craving to eat something sweet in order to curb the craving. But hey, if its not effecting your weight loss, enjoy!

You do have to be careful of letting habits creep in from other diets. On the SW plan fruit is superfree so that really does mean you can eat unlimited amounts of them. Of course you have to follow the rest of the plan and use your common sense, it wouldn't be much good having a flexi-syn day and having a huge Chinese takeaway followed by twenty bananas. But if you want to eat twenty bananas or five watermelons for breakfast then by all means go for it - you're allowed to. And I bet that bar of Galaxy Caramel won't look anywhere near as appetising after you've eaten the lot!

It's easy to forget that eating tons of food boosts your metabolism so you burn more calories. If the food you're eating is low-calorie, nutritious, and fibre-rich (i.e., fruit) then so much the better. By sticking to 15 syns you are restricting fats and processed sugars from your diet. The whole plan works together - that's where "syn" comes from - synergy. So in a nutshell you can't eat too much fruit :)

Some of my biggest weekly losses came from eating a whole punnet of strawbs every day for a week. Now it's winter I'm doing the same with jars of gherkins but the house doesn't smell quite so pleasant the morning after! :D

All I can say that though fruit is good for you there is a lot natural sugars. If you eat a lot be careful of tooth decay and expect peak and troughs in your sugar levels.

I also read recently that you shouldn't brush your teeth within an hour of eating fruit, particularly the acidic or citric types because it, for all its good properties, can temporarily weaken tooth enamel and brushing can then cause damage if you do the two within a short space of time. Obviously that's a consideration and I just make sure I rinse my mouth or have a class of water after my breakfast fruit and yoghurt and before I brush my teeth! :D

I eat at least 5 portions of fruit every day (e.g banana, apple, nectarine, pear and melon) as I am a total grazer and find that without my fruit as regular snacks to get me through I would struggle. Doesnt seem to have a bad effect for me, its more when I have a wobble and eat other things I shouldnt that im running into problems! So I'd say carry on!

Back