Will i loose weight?

JayDay04

Hey guys ,basically im 17, and I'm not fat, I've just put on a lot of weight recently (maybe half a stone) looking a bit chubby and i'm interested in loosing weight,
my old diet would consist of

Breakfast: nothing
Lunch: nothing (except maybe a chocolate bar)
Dinner: one large meal (chips, pizza etc)
and I would usually just snack on chocolate and drink fizzy drinks, and i stayed dehydrated a lot of the time

I wasn't that active and I'm still not that active yet as I work a lot and tired when I get home but heres my new diet
Breakfast: 2 pieces whit bread with marmite (no butter)
Lunch: Piece of fruit, or nothing
Dinner: 2 tins of tuna (in brine) with around 30grams of salad cream
and I only drink water now and if i snack it will be an apple/bannana

yes, i feel a lot healthier but it's been a week and i have not lost any weight, if i continue this will i loose weight or not?

Well I do not know how many calories i am aiming for, roughly around 1500 enough to loose weight quickly without being hungry all the time.

For calorie counting to be successful you need to be having enough calories. You can't just pluck a number out of thin air and go with it :). I'd agree you're not eating enough. First thing you'd be best doing is working out your proper daily calorie allowance :)

At the moment I am not having any veg or dairy, I'm guessing it's necessary, I'll make more of a meal out of the tuna, maybe a salad and cheese with it and maybe start eating more at lunch. I will look at the mfb website now.

Ahh thanks for working that out, I think i'm definitely going to up the calories, I'll have a much bigger lunch instead of nothing, should I avoid loads of carbs or should it be fine around 1 o clock?

That's not enough to live on, no wonder you're not loosing weight xx I'd swap white bread for wholemeal, definitely have lunch and have chicken/salad or something in the evening. Make sure you always eat breakfast.

Be careful how much tuna you eat as it has mercury in it. I think the recommended amount is around 3 tins per week. Get it in spring water if you can :)

Definitely not enough to live on and everytime you try to stop your diet your liver wil soak up all the energy it can which will make you gain lbs so you really arent doing yourself any favours. If you were to eat 2000 calories and workout until you at least are out of breathe and sweating after 30 mins or more, you would lose the fat gradually and tone up muscle. If we dont have enough muscle our bodies dont need as much energy. So tone up and eat more and enjoy life rather than creating a life long battle.

At 17 I was the same that I put a little weight on as my diet wasn't great. The best thing you can do is swap crisps and chocolate for fruit like you have, swap white bread for whole meal pittas, and get plenty of greens in, salads, veg and water.

You and your friends should try Zumba, is good fun and burns calories too!!

Good luck

Back