Will I lose weight during Maintenance??

It says in the book you have to do at least 1 week so I guess it's up to you. I personally think I'll do 2 weeks, because the more slowly you up your cals the more time your body has to adjust itself and increase your metabolism out of the starvation mode it's in at the minute. Its used to surviving on 410 cals at the minute so jumping up to 800 is doubling, I think and couple of weeks at 600 will give it more time to speed your metabolism up before you start throwing real food into it which reduces the chances of you putting on or STS. This is just my view though.

That makes sense to me so I will think about it during this first week, I only have 10lbs to go so not sure how it will all work out but I shall wait and see, right now I am excited but frightened of having food in my mouth again :eek:

You start off with really bland, boring food so I'm sure it wont be difficult. On the SS+ the amount of chicken/fish and green veg you're allowed is tiny apparently and doesn't even fill a saucer! What worries me is having to control my eating, as I'm fully aware now that I don't need to eat loads and can survive on a few shakes and not be hungry but I'm not 'allowed' food. Once I have the free run of food I'll have to remember this before I pile my plate up again. I almost feel 'safe' not being allowed near food as I can't eat too much. I can't be tempted to have just a little bit more pasta or just one slice of cake, I'm being controlled at the minute and it works. I'll have to stay strong once I finish CD and make sure I control my eating. Does that make sense?

Ah, I knew men needed more cals(put this down to being generally bigger and more muscle) but didnt know the rest, need to learn all this more my counselling, is there a book about female diet issues? :D, seems more complex than us boys, had my first new starter yesterday and just told her she may have hormonal changes. :)
A couple of differences though. One, you're a bloke ;) Metabolism higher, and more inclined to raise quickly when adding food. Ladies metabolisms respond slower when going up the plans.

Also, you stayed on the levels for longer than normal. I'm pretty sure that if I stayed at each plan for more than the two weeks, the scales would have started showing a loss. But I didn't want a loss, so I just did the minimum and very thankful that I didn't gain :D

Have you become a counsellor now then? I'm sure we could tell you lots about womens' hormonal issues but it all depends how squeemish you are!!! haha

Yeah I have, well just the other week, had a couple of clints off my own cdc + the new 1. Nah I think i'll give that a miss for now thanks:D just about to eat.
I just told her to contact me if she has any issues, sure i'll be an expert in the area very shortly :D

Haha bless! I wont spoil your dinner for you! I guess that will be the interesting part of your job, when you have to discuss hormones and bowel movements etc with women....you'll have to practice not blushing :silly:

I have decided to start shifting up to ss+ with around a stone to go until bmi of 25. I will then ss+ away that stone and then hopefully keep loosing as i head up the plans

Cool, let me know how you get on an whether your weight loss continues at the same rate or slows down :)
I think I'll do SS for another 2 weeks then move onto SS+ for a couple of weeks but will see how I get on

well I am SS+ this week and its looking like a 4lb loss this week

ooh great, so it's looking promising then, fingers crossed it stays this way. I hope mine drops off quickly on SS+ and 800 too.

Back