WILL IT BALANCE OUT?

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: I have just done 30minutes exercise to try and balance out my blip (5 chunks of a choc bar and 8 pringles) do you think ive done enough? :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

I think you're over thinking and this kind of obsession is where eating disorders start. stop worrying woman! just get back on track, and STOP PANICKING.

I have to agree with Flibsey - sounds like it's getting a bit unhealthy if you're obsessing about exercising to work off any little extras. You've actually not eaten much - tbh I'd just draw a line under it and move on. It'll be ok - honest!

Believe me an eating disorder wont start, im 14 stone, never been thin in my life i just dont wana let myself down, put on weight and give up :(

The exercise can't do any harm but best you leave the 'blip' behind now. Don't let it play on your mind...relax girl!! :)

the whole point of this diet is that it's stress free.
if you're 14st, you need to be nice to your heart... stress is nasty, please just draw a line and move on.

and sorry about the little overreaction, but it CAN happen. I was 14st at 16. by 17 I was hovering around 8st, doing untold damage to my insides and whatnot because I had stopped eating properly and started obsessively exercising.
it began with calorie counting then working off everything I ate. then eating less, but working out more. in the end I was cycling between 3 and 6 miles a day and only having a cuppa soup at lunchtime.

I'm now 13st 3lb post-child/meeting someone wonderful and supportive and getting comfortable/KFC addiction, but I know the minute I get obsessed about this, I'll have support to help me stop and get a grip.

You have made me feel better about the whole situation i must admit......my weigh in is tomorrow so i will keep you all updated, wish me luck :)

Stacey you'll be fine. You might find yourself eating then exercising just to cover your indulgence - not a good thing to do.

You will still have a good loss, and trust me on this, even if you don't, if you've been 100% over the rest of the week, the "Pringolate affair" won't make any difference.

Don't fret after a good start. The first time you STS or gain weight you will feel awful, so don't fret, just keep doing what you've been doing and you'll laugh about this little drama.

Steve

Um... A little bit of a side issue but the new "play weightwatchers" ad on the radio is encouraging exactly this sort of thinking. The woman on the advert says "so I go over my pro points, but its ok, I just have to do a forfeit, so I go for a run round the block!"

Placed in this context, what were they thinking?

Um... A little bit of a side issue but the new "play weightwatchers" ad on the radio is encouraging exactly this sort of thinking. The woman on the advert says "so I go over my pro points, but its ok, I just have to do a forfeit, so I go for a run round the block!"

I smell future law suits.

Believe me an eating disorder wont start, im 14 stone, never been thin in my life i just dont wana let myself down, put on weight and give up :(

Positive thinking about the 'don't want let myself down' however, eating disorders affect people of all sizes (not just skinny beans) and even if not obv to outside world, if your obsessing ova 5 pieces of choc & 8 pringles then your balance is already off. Did you enjoy them??? - count the syns and incorporate it into your week.
SW is a lifestyle healthy eating diet so unless your never going to have treats again, you need to incorporate them into your week.

good luck for your weigh in - i'm sure your treat wont do any damage!

Just don't let a slip become a slide...;)

This is, IMHO why SW works and WW doesn't for me.

Just don't let a slip become a slide...;)

Or indeed a landslide;)

In a bid to show solidarity and make you feel "normal", Stacey, I was at a family party last night and ate only free and superfree from the buffet. I ignored, pastries, bread, garlic bread, pizza, sandwiches etc. - avoided all alcohol.

My cousin's son had made his first ever chocolate cake and to encourage the bairn I had a small slice of it. It was lovely and I don't even "do" cake as a rule, but it was more important for young Liam's confidence lol.

At one time I'd have beat myself up over this, but last night it was in context, washed down with Pepsi Max, and I was in control. Having Walked 5 miles yesterday an cycled the same route today, a bit of cake was a welcome spot of energy:)

Back