Will Power?! (food related!)

MissNJ

Do you cope with feeding the rest of your family when on a diet??

I've just started a VLCD diet and am in day 4. I'm sort of coping with the hunger pangs... And have thus far resisted any of my fave carbs and chocolate!!

But... I have 4 young kids to feed and they LOVE their food..
Yesterday I fed them up pancakes, bagels, potatoes, vegs, you name it, they ate it yesterday!!
And today, pretty much the same, crumpets for breakfast.. Oooh they smell so good...

Do you have this problem? Where you are obstaining from food, but still have to cope with feeding lots of people??

My sisters (twins) are coming for dinner this week, so I'll have to cook my fave dish of chilli con carne for them... This will be a test!!

Will I survive this initial 12 weeks?!

HELP!!!!!!!

It's very difficult. I'm not following a vlcd but have tried in the past so understand how you are feeling. I hope you manage :) It's not easy when you HAVE to feed other people & don't have a choice! Good luck x

Hiya,

What an "interesting" article!

I run my won business from home, have 4 kids and still keep a tidy home and home cook every meal my kids eat!! I'd love to be lazy! :D
They too like yours love everything! Even my 7yo loves making his own hummous and they'll eat any veg you out in front of them!

I have lots of phobias about food, so the kids are by-products of this and thankfully as a vegan (me!) they all eat mega healthy! But the do eat crap every now and then,, they love starchy food, sweets and chocs! Bu like you say, as treats these are fine and a great thing to have! All kids need treats!! :)

Back