Will SW work for me if only want to lose 7lb?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by fi1006, 5 December 2010 Social URL.

1. fi1006

fi1006 New Member

Hi everyone. I'm new here. I did slimming world a few years ago when i had quite a bit of weight to lose and found it really good although in the end it was going to the gym that really helped me drop the lbs as i find diets hard to stick to.

Now that i have been almost at my target weight for 3 years i really want the last very stubborn half stone off, but no amount of going to the gym seems to help. Do you think Slimming world could work for me?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. brideweightwar

brideweightwar Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st10lb
    Current Weight:
    16st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10.5lb(4.23%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    I cant see why it wouldnt work for you. It helped you before so why would it work this time.

4. fi1006

fi1006 New Member

My worry really is that my intake on SW will be greater than it normally is so i am worried i might gain?

But yeah i would be happy with 1lb per week, i know it gets harder once you are closer to goal.

5. Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays Gold Member

Start Weight:
    9st11lb
    Current Weight:
    8st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(11.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    There comes a point were we all have 'only 7lb' to lose & we manage it ok, so for that reason I don't see why SW wouldn't work for you. You've nothing to lose by giving it a try.

6. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    You should not be taking in more than normal if you follow the "rules" properly :)

7. Maximus

Maximus Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    6st11lb(38.78%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - The one that works!
    Absolutely it can. However, you have tried the gym and not lost the stubborn 7lb in three years.

As you admit yourself you're not goo at sticking to diets. All you have to do is religiously follow the plan to the letter, all HEX A's and B's, stick to the recommended syns and no cheating whatsoever.

Depends how much you want it really;)

8. little_miss_somersault

little_miss_somersault Full Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    i had 16lbs to lose to get to target im now 6lb down with only 10lb to go...im averaging on 1.5/1lb loss each week with a sts on *week. like the other gorls said if u stick to hexa and hexb and still keep active it should work for you

good luck x

9. Maximus

Maximus Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    6st11lb(38.78%)
    Diet:
    How very dare you! - I'm not a gorl, i'm a buy ;):):)

I knew I should have called myself Mr Maximus or put my name as my signature lol

Steve:cool:

10. joedenise

joedenise Target Member

Start Weight:
    9st9lb
    Current Weight:
    8st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(11.11%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I started SW in July and only had just under a stone to lose. At the beginning I was losing 1.5lb per week but after the first month it slowed to either 0.5 or lb a week and one STS.

I'm now at target and trying to maintain. Don't know if I have yet as I only got to target 2 weeks ago and haven't been able to get to Group because of the horrible white stuff but I'm still sticking to plan, just upped my HEX As & Bs and been a bit more generous with the Syns over the week end:)

Denise

11. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

You can join SW with a minimum of 7lbs to lose but they do have a minimum joining weight so it depends what you weigh right now.
    We have had a few people join our group with half a stone to lose and one woman lost it is 3 weeks, and to be honest, she didn't even look like she had it to lose - but she did!

12. Maximus

Maximus Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    6st11lb(38.78%)
    Diet:
    Lol - thanks for the giggle!

Go Allie, just realised only 6lb to target!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.