Will SW work if you havent alot to loose?

ladyantionette

I have asked this in meetings, but I wanted your opinion.

I only want to loose 10lb - 16lb but sometimes with the amount of food im eating I wonder is this really going to work?

I imagine many of you ask that question yourselves. But the thing is unlike some I dont have that much to loose and I wondered will SW work for me?

I had terrible eating habits and in a way im lucky im not twice the size I am now!

Maybe a bit more excercise would help too, I dont know im doubting myself only because of all the food but ive been told this is very common with SW.

I guess I will know on my weigh in Friday!

My work colleague is doing SW with a stone to lose and has lost 6lb so far since Jan, it has come off slower for her as she already ate quite healthily in general and does a lot of exercise, but it is coming off!

Give it a try, it really does work whatever you have to lose xxxxxxx

It really does work - I originally decided I only wanted to lose about 12 or 13lb but wasn't able to maintain at that weight so lowered my target by another 7lb. I've now reached that target - a couple of weeks ago and am trying to maintain as I really don't want to go any lower as I think I'll look too skinny.

Weight loss seems to be much slower when you don't have a lot to lose, mine was only 1/2 to 1 lb a week so it's a case of slow but sure.

Denise

When I was "Low Carbing" it I only lost around a 1lb a week - so I was hoping for around the same.

But low carb was pure and utter craziness - I learnt this when I fainted on a shelf in Tescos. Safe to say I wont ever do it again, my appeitie for carbs is just to big!

@font-face { font-family: "Times New Roman"; }p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal { margin: 0cm 0cm 0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: Courier; }table.MsoNormalTable { font-size: 10pt; font-family: Courier; }div.Section1 { page: Section1; } Hi. I can totally appreciate your post I’ve been doing slimming world with only a stone (more if poss) to loose. But those stubborn few inch just wont shift. I can only put it down to lack of exercise.

Maybe someone who has done slimming world could post a simple diet plan, that’s filling but effective in shifting my extra podge!!

Yes it works. We've had people in group with half a stone to lose and they did it. It may be slower, but it will work.
Good luck :)

Hi, I started back to SW 3 weeks ago. I only have 10lb to lose, I have lost 7 so far :) I know the last 3 might take a few more weeks but I am not finding the diet a problem and enjoying the food so for me, Yes, it works!

i joined back to slimming world and only wanted to lose 7lb (to get me to my lowest weight ever) i done that in 4 weeks and now i have lowered my target another 5lbs and when i get there i will see how i feel and perhaps lower it again. They say its harder to lose the weight if u dont have much to go - but stick with it as it will come off even if its at a 1lb a week x

Yes it will work - after all even people who start out with a lot to lose eventually end up just needing to lose a few pounds as they get closer to target.

It may seem like you are eating a lot but it is all actually low calorie or foods that fill you up for longer in relation to the calorie content. So if you actually sat down down and worked out the calories it will be within the correct range for weight loss, as long as you are following the plan properly.

It will probably come off slower, but it will come off. If you think about it logically there would be no target members if it was impossible :D

I really hope that on Friday you will become reassured and know first hand that its going to work for you. I'm sure you will :)

Back