Will sweetcorn take me out of ketosis?

RuthG

Gold Member
Sweetcorn is my surefire way of getting things moving (if you see what I mean!) Will it take me out of ketosis?

Oh bugger. I'm so so constipated :ashamed0005:

I can feel it sitting there. I've tried senokot, which initially worked, but I've had it 3 days running now, and nothing much is happening!

:eek: oh no!! It must be so uncomfortable :( have you tried the fibre stuff from the CDC??

I spoke to my CDC who said that if senokot isn't doing the trick, then the fibre 89 won't do much either.

I have a tin of sweetcorn sitting next to me, unopened..............

Ah crap (nice choice of word there!). Put the sweetcorn away dammit!! If it's full of carbs (no idea if this is true btw) then you really must not have it!

Theres about 34gs of carbs in it, is this good or bad?

Hi Ruth
Poor you .Ask your gp for some movicol i use it on my ward at work and it works really really well.Could even unblock drains !!!!

Hmm, seems it is very high in sugar content, bizzarely!

They contain:-

Water: 68.36 g
Calories: 77
Protein: 2.90 g
Carbohydrates: 17.12 g
Fiber: 2.4 g
Sugars: 2.90 g
in 80g... (that isn't taking into account the sugar in the water)

Love

That I do believe is bad! I have a pot of cottage cheese which is 7.2g of carbs and that is an allowed food on AAM.

Hi Ruth
Poor you .Ask your gp for some movicol i use it on my ward at work and it works really really well.Could even unblock drains !!!!
I'm a wuss, and wouldn't be able to drink anything like that, I'd end up vomiting it all back up. I think I might have to get an enema from work, lol!

Oh bum. I'll put the sweetcron away then! lol

Oh Nikki, thats so lovely of you, but I really couldn't. I seriously don't think I could stomach it. I'm going to go to asda later and buy some dulcox type stuff, I believe this is stronger!

That sounds like a plan! I wouldn't be able to drink the stuff either! Yuk!

Thank you, that is really kind of you :sick0019::flowers::thankyou:

great smileys lol!

movicol is a powder that readily dissolves in water to go clear. It tastes a bit salty. Down it in a oner and bobs your uncle. Mind you I am a great believer it attacking it from both ends iykwim. So I would deffo do a micralax and/or glycerin suppository. the supp will lubricate and slightly stimulate and there you will go! (wet or lube it first!). Cos this diet is so low residue sometimes the stool is long and lean so not much for the bowel wall to push on and out, so it needs some lube so it can slide out. TMI i know.

Back