• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Will you miss being overweight?

S: 14st5lb C: 10st4lb G: 9st12lb BMI: 24.7 Loss: 4st1lb(28.36%)

rhuba

i really don't know life
S: 13st7lb C: 11st9lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 25.5 Loss: 1st12lb(13.76%)
i think i'll miss having something to aim for, but i definitely won't miss the weight! i'll just have to focus on the maintenance and my health - that's the main priority through all of this after all!

good luck with your journeys ladies xx

No, I don’t think I will miss any of it, the depression, the looks of how I am or the looks of strangers, the family constantly chastising me for eating something, not being able to breathe…. I will be glad when it’s all gone. Then again I will miss the t-shirts and jeans I have had for years… :p.

S: 13st3lb C: 11st8lb G: 9st3lb BMI: 31.6 Loss: 1st9lb(12.43%)
I definitely won't miss the extra weight but I do think that I'll appreciate being a healthy size when I get there. When I was younger and my weight wasn't an issue I definitely took it for granted. Good luck everyone : )

I think I'll miss having the focus... having said that there'll always be maintenance to focus on and I'm sure I'll find another target.

S: 15st1lb C: 12st0lb G: 10st5lb BMI: 28.8 Loss: 3st1lb(20.38%)
No No No No......definitely won't miss anything about it, physically, mentally - absolutely nothing!!!

KD

Gone fishing
I don't miss anything about being overweight. Nothing at all.

But, there have been times I've missed not being able to be totally reckless with food.

I have had days when I have been reckless since reaching goal, so it shouldn't be a problem....except I have missed not having the option to be reckless for days and days.:eek:

More of a 'problem' at the beginning of maintenance though.

KD

Gone fishing
I think I'll miss having the focus...
Yes...had that too. I missed dieting. It had been a part of my life for so long.

having said that there'll always be maintenance to focus on and I'm sure I'll find another target.
Teehee. I did that. Had maintenance goals for ages. My next one is

To maintain for the rest of my life :D (long term goal hopefully :D)

S: 15st2lb C: 12st10.8lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 29.7 Loss: 2st5.3lb(15.68%)
I hope I dont miss it! I think it's unlikley that I'll be eating my way through the cupboards trying to put it all back on! As long as I keep some curves I dont think I will miss anything about it, being sweaty and unfit, out of breath, unable to wear what you like, constantly comnparing yourself to other people, oh it is horrible isnt it, I used to pretend i didnt care about my weight and insisted that was happy within 'myself'. One day i realised I was kidding myself.....

Konvictz

S: 12st13lb C: 10st3lb G: 10st5lb BMI: 23.1 Loss: 2st10lb(20.99%)
well being overweight is still quite new to me. lol im gaining weight rather than loosing (my stats lol)...

but in terms of clothing its not too different, i still wear my slim tops but i dont have the wow factor i used to have because of the fat. and my jeans and trousers are much much tighter. some people laugh when i tell them im overweight, but my close friends know because theyre always touching me and things...

i definitely do not want to be skinny like i was when i was young, i want to still be a little bigger with muscle. im sort of worried of i loose weight i will loose muscle and fat, so i will have to be careful.

but will i miss being fat? oh no, this fat is holding me back...when my friends play tag, i get out of breath after about 70 seconds (no egzageration)...and i love playing football, even though im quite fat now, i still have quick feet but i cant play for long...me and my friend was playing football in the car park the other day, and within 2 minutes i was dripping with sweat, and she couldnt believe what she was seeing. (shes not better than me by the way, i just cant last long)...

so yeah once i loose weight i will truly show her whos boss...i was the best footballer in my class about 4-5 years ago...and i used to get much more attention from girls...

S: 20st5lb C: 15st0lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 36 Loss: 5st5lb(26.32%)
I won't miss it at all! I have wondered what I will do talk about think about and have decided I will probably end up being a very active person doing a lot of sporty types of things where I can still strive for and attain goals, improve my fitness etc without being focused on weight. And I will most likely go back to being an aboslute clothes horse and shopping a lot too!

Shadaca

Silver Member
I missed it. Not that I ever got to thin, I went from 20 to 14 stone, and didn't know quite what to do with myself when I got there, so the sabotage fairy kicked in and I'm back at 16 stone again.

I miss having something to hide behind, which isn't anything I thought that I would feel.

Jettica

Shoot to thrill
S: 239lb C: 172lb G: 140lb BMI: 26.9 Loss: 67lb(28.03%)
I think I'll miss having a goal and watching my weight and measuring myself. I find this whole process quite fun. However I will not miss being overweight. I can't wait to chuck out all my huge (although a lot of them are quite expensive so maybe ebay) clothes! It'll be nice to have a wardrobe of size 12 clothes not 18 (and one gorgeous vintage patterned size 22 dress - Vivien Holloway *sigh*)

S: 16st2lb C: 13st11lb G: 12st10lb BMI: 29.3 Loss: 2st5lb(14.6%)
I think I'm weird. For me, losing weight is something quite bittersweet. Although I crave it and have been striving for it for things like being able to buy a 'normal' size of clothing e.g. size 12, making exercise easier because of not having to heft around that extra weight as well, and stuff like that.. At the same time I have been overweight ever since I can remember and so for me it's almost been like losing part of my identity - what makes me 'me'. I used to say 'well I'm overweight, I'm different to everyone else and that's just who I am'...
So for me, I've had a mental block about going under 14stone: for me that's meant letting go of that old label of myself and going into the unknown.
So I don't know if that's counted as 'missing' being overweight: in a strange way yes. I don't miss the weight that's gone that's for sure. But it's a challenging journey through my head to get to where I think of myself as 'normal'.

Hi Ellie

How are you doing? You sound a bit sad xx:wave_cry:

S: 23st4lb C: 10st7lb G: 8st0lb BMI: 27.8 Loss: 12st11lb(54.91%)
i will miss the goals and things i aim for also..
i will find new goals though... i deffo wont miss being fat lol x

Jettica

Shoot to thrill
S: 239lb C: 172lb G: 140lb BMI: 26.9 Loss: 67lb(28.03%)
Wow Ellie. I know exactly what you mean. I've always been 'the fat one' of any group and although it's not an identity I mind losing it is still an identity and it's gonna be weird.

<3

Redkoala

Go on smile! =)
S: 19st7lb C: 14st5lb G: 13st0lb BMI: 28 Loss: 5st2lb(26.37%)
I wont miss anything about it, cant wait for the day i fit into some trendy 32" jeans.