Will you miss being overweight?

I dont think so...........;)

I'll miss the fact that currently, as I have been for several months, I rarely think about what i'm eating or how much i'm exercising. However once i'm "not fat" i'll have to keep thinking about these things, i'm not naturally thin, if I want to keep at the ideal weight i'll have to actively work on it, so in a way i'll miss slotting into the "happy fat girl" niche. Hopefully i'll still be the happy girl, just more prone to saying "i'm off for a jog with the dog".

However I wont miss being able to grab chunks of flab, or the pain in my knee, or having friends mention how much weight i've gained. I certainly wont miss having to move through crowded rooms, or worrying that I will overspill onto the next seat, and I wont miss not wanting to go out because all of my friends are skinny minnies whilst i'm squishy and obviously so!

So ... yes and no :p

I'll miss some of my favourite clothes.
I also think I'll miss being able to think "bugger it, I'm already fat" and have some crisps and a chocolate bar.
But I won't miss everything being fat has done to me.

To be honest I don't know how I'm gonna feel!!
I never used to be big, I was an annoying teenager that could eat whatever they wanted and not put on an ounce...
I had children and was in a horrible quite absusive relationship for years....I used to binge eat, I used to go to the shop for say milk, buy 3 choc bars, and 2 crisps and eat them by the time I got home!! And more around the house...I used to eat until I felt sick, no I feel sick at the thought of what I used to eat...
Looking back, when out of that relationship you think why the hell did you stay!! I can't answer that question, I can honestly say I didn't love him then....
He wasn;t supportive towards anything I did and I started SW when we were together and managed to lose a fair amount of weight, but with the constant nagging when I was going out (to class or anywhere else) I stopped going!!
Hence back to binge eating and the unhappy weight went back on and more...
I managed to end that relationship (hurrah!!) and have met a fantastic person who loves me for who I am...He is awesome!!
I am the happiest I have ever been emotionally, yet I am still struggling with my weight...

I have been over weight for so long and I suppose was using it as a shield, because I felt worthless, so should everyone else and being fat was something to hide in..

I won't miss the reasons I became fat obviously, but it's been such a huge part of my life I wonder how I will feel when I get to target...

I know I want to buy loads of lovely fitted clothes and look fabulous.
I know I dont want to be breathless when I walk anyhere or my feet hurt after walking some distance...
I want people to look at me and say how amazing I look (hubby does that now xxx) and how well i've done for losing the weight...

I hope I can maintain my target goal. I won't slip back into my old ways because I am blissfully happy and I have no need to binge or feel unhappy at my situation....I know I am very very lucky..And I am thankful everyday..

I can only wait and see what my feelings are at the time..
My husband is also doing SW with me as he has struggled with his weight in his adult life....He also was in a bad relationship....

We have known each other for 20 odd years and were best friends for a part of that, we were inseperable...Then he met the ex and she made him stop seeing me!! green eyed monster is an awful thing!!

We are struggling along together and hopefully we will be happy with the results.

Good lucj everyone and stay focused..
We'll all get there in the end

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Like others have said, I will miss the journey. Of finally realizing what's good for me and doing my best to achieve that goal. As for being overweight itself, I will definitely not miss it. I will not miss going to the mall and not being able to buy cute, cheap clothes, almost in tears because I have to settle for the bigger sized clothes that are not only expensive but it seems as if people think bigger women have no sense of style.

I will definitely not miss getting out of breath climbing a single flight of stairs, or not being able to fit into amusement park rides or constantly wonder if people are staring at me because I'm so fat.

I have to admit even though I've lost two stone I don't see it. My OH says I look alot thinner but I didn't believe him until this week when I got some clothes out and put them on. All my trousers and skirts were too big to stay on and all my tops really baggy. I wear a uniform for work so I hadn't really noticed my clothes getting looser. It was a low point realising that all the clothes I love I can no longer wear. That is something I will really miss, all my gorgeous clothes that I bought whilst I worked in fashion retail.

But as I got paid this week I set myself a budget of £100 and headed into Leeds. I had what was possibly the best shopping trip ever. Picking up clothes in a size 12 and finding they were too baggy so having to get a size 10 and in some cases an 8 was a fantastic feeling. Not having to feel like I was a fat girl trying to pull off a sexy stylish look and ending up looking like awful. I feel like I can actually reinvent my look now and I feel super confident wearing such gorgeous clothes.

I do miss getting takeaways and just pigging out on chocolate and I especially miss vanilla lattes but feeling this confident is totally worth it!

lol yeah I thought I better clarify that. My work uniform when I got it was pretty tight, now if anything its too loose, not good at all!

I am not sure how I feel about this. I have been overweight since about the age of 10 so finally losing the weight and being normal is quite scary to me. I won't be the big girl any more, the bubbly fat member of the gang, so who am I going to be?? That's what makes me scared. Like everyone else I won't miss the unhapiness or the not buying nice clothes but when the weight goes and its just me and my new skinny self then I think its sensible to say that there will be times when I struggle with my ifentity

Good luck Peachy

It will be fabulous.It's life changing, but isn't that what you want?
Nothing hurts, nothing sticks in you. You can wear pretty, dainty colourful clothes and feel good. You can walk and talk at the same time. You don't have to stop to catch your breath and make excuses. You can slide past people in the smallest space,people say things like "it's okay for you being so slim!"
I could go on and on -and usually do - it is so worth it.
I miss nothing.:p

No way I will not miss it one little bit,I will embrace it and shop like I have never shopped before,being able to wear things that I really want to wear and not things that are ok and will have to do because they hid my lumps and bumps!

No way I will not miss it one little bit,I will embrace it and shop like I have never shopped before,being able to wear things that I really want to wear and not things that are ok and will have to do because they hid my lumps and bumps!

I am sooooooooooooo with you!:D

Back