1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi Guest, let me just say that you are awesome for signing up to MiniMins. Your account is now validated. Your first few posts will be moderated. This is mainly to prevent spam showing on our forum. Dont worry we will get to your post most likely within 30 minutes between 8am and 11pm. Thanks again!
    Dismiss Notice

Willing to admit I don't 'know it all'

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by plain jane, 16 February 2014 Social URL.

1. plain jane

plain jane New Member

I've decided this is the year that I am going to lose weight. I did weight watchers before, albeit a long time ago, but got bored of having to weigh everything I ate. After a while, I decided that I didn't need that any more and I could do it on my own. I regained that loss and got back to square one.

I exhausted my body at the gym instead which lost me dress sizes, but not a significant amount of weight. I do have joint problems now that prevent me from going back ( or rather I need help to devise a program with the rest of my body that works well). Once I hit the joint problems, I couldn't train and guess what? Back to square one

Now here's a revolution; diet and exercise. I got an offer for free membership of Slimming World out of the paper and decided to go along and take a look, thinking, there isn't anything new that I can learn about eating well. Only on this programme, you can eat real food and there are so many things I can still have, so this is going to be easy.

Or so I thought. My loss has been at a rate of 1/2 pound per week and I have consoled myself that when I have lost the weight, my skin will fit me well as it has been gradual. This week I gained 1.5 pound and finally realise that I have to be serious if I want success - having 1/2 packet of chocolate digestives and not writing in the diary is still food eaten and even if not written down, it counts.

So having reflected, I realise that I need to use the food diary a) as it will help me to look honestly at what I am eating and b) my group leader can help me to identify where to make changes.

I was looking for more recipes and found the forum I have been introduced to even more recipes, which mean I am not likely to stray and make unhealthy choices. Reading the threads shows me that there is massive support out there as well.

I'm a good swimmer and will be taking part in my 3rd Swimathon this year, for the swim of my life - 2.5km or 100 lengths of the local pool. With the Swimathon coming up, I have to make a swimming timetable of at least 2, but better with 3 times per week.

All sounds like a plan, but what do I do when my emotional response to food takes over? With all the best prep and even more wonderful recipes at hand, I have a 24 hour shop at the end of my road and will go for a late night snack.