Windy keeps fighting

Windy

Hi everyone,

I have just turned 30, am single (eternally) and have been fighting the weight loss battle most of my twenties. I've tried Weight Watchers before with success and more times without success. I think if you are not mentally prepared to do it properly you're just wasting your time.

Anyway in October 2012 I had enough of feeling depressed and having no confidence etc etc and joined Lighterlife. To be fair, this was a life saver and in less than 5 months I had lost over 5 and a half stone and I went from a size 20 to a size 12. Wow! New woman!

However, I got fed up of it and just dropped it, not bothering to complete the Return to Food program and immediately went back to my old tricks (binge eating, compulsive over-eating, secret eating etc). So since early Feb I have put on 21lbs and I can feel it. I'm feeling less confident, I can't wear a lot of the fabulous new clothes I bought and I'm starting to hide away again.

So last night I went to my local WW meeting and signed up. Today is Day 1 and I know I will struggle to not binge/eat mindlessly so I am on here calling for your support, your tips, your go-to treats, your success stories and I hope I can reciprocate.

In March 2012 my sister got married, I squeezed into a size 18 dress and felt absolutely huge in front of the 200 guests. In 6 weeks time I will meet most of those again at my first nephew's Christening party. In 6 weeks I would love to lose a stone (ambitious?) and feel fab at the party.

Thanks for listening.

Hi Windy! I totally agree that if you don't have the right mindset then it's a waste of time being on weight watchers. For the first five weeks I was definitely in the wrong mindset and I kept losing and gaining the same 2lbs. I would consistently go over my points too by binging and secret eating.

Now I seem to have got in the right mindset, I had enough, and I've lost 5lbs so far!

How many points are you on a day? I'm on 33. I must admit I tend to eat the same things quite a lot as when I discover something works I stick to it. Lunch is always the following:

4 ryvita crackerbread 2pp, light laughing cow triangle 1pp (or you can have an extra light one for 0pp), wafer thin ham 1pp, 1 slice of weight watchers bread 1pp with one tsp marmalade 1pp and either a bag of quavers or french fries for 2pp.

It fills me up quite nicely and if I get peckish I eat some 0pp fruit like apples, bananas, grapes and strawberries.

Cod and haddock are low in points and it's nice to have a fillet with a poached egg on top and some 0pp vegetables like carrot, broccoli and cauliflower. Beware peas and sweetcorn as they have points.

I have to have a treat every day to keep the binges at bay. I have a box of low point chocolate that my mum keeps in her bedroom (otherwise I would scoff the lot, believe me). I have freddos which are 3pp, mini twixes which are 3pp and medium Kinder chocolate bars which are 3pp. I also have some weight watchers chocolate bars which you can buy in the meetings and they are 2pp each but they aren't as good as cadbury!

I recently had an urge for a chocolate muffin and tried the weight watchers version which was 5pp per muffin. It was a bit chewy but definitely satisfied that urge and I didn't give in to the muffins that would have been 10pp+.

Good luck with your weight loss!

ah I am sure you can do it... I feel like I hit the end of my tether with my body image and its making me unhappy... I am day 2... approaching 30 and have a wedding to go to in the summer in which I feel very anxious about attending ... so if you fancy buddying up let me know :) x

Depends how much you have to lose. When I started I was losing on average 1 stone very 6 weeks, but I had 8 stone to lose in total so was very big.

Good luck!

I have 3 stone to lose though might stop after 2

I have 3 stone to lose though might stop after 2

Good Luck with your 2 possible 3 stone target...I rejoined yesterday, have 1Stone 7lbs to lose :-( x

I couldn't believe your starting weight is under my goal weight! Then I noticed your height!

Hi Windy Just wanted to say best of luck with your weightloss I'm sure you'll do it :)

I couldn't believe your starting weight is under my goal weight! Then I noticed your height!

I'm nearly classed as a midget at 4Ft 11Inches LOL!!! X Even at my Goal Weight of 7Stone 12 I'm not even near to the Underweight Category for BMI, think I'd have to be 6 Stone something for that :-0 x

Hi Windy,
We have similar stories, I've battled all the way thru my 20s and now I'm 36 and spent have of my 30s fighting the flab.
I tried Lipotrim TFR and lost 1 stone 5 lb but couldn't be bothered to refeed and lost control by only put on a few lbs. So I'm on Day 1 of WW and have a long journey !!! But motivated x

Good luck Nutty, keep in touch. Planning ahead is the key for me. Ive got tomorrows entire menu in a waitrose shopping bag in the fridge. Im enjoying it actually. Have two PT sessions this week and doing a Jack The Ripper walking tour at the weekend. Also hoping to go dancing Sunday night to a 90s Vs Silent Disco night. Ahhh the 90s.....

Good luck Nutty, keep in touch. Planning ahead is the key for me. Ive got tomorrows entire menu in a waitrose shopping bag in the fridge. Im enjoying it actually. Have two PT sessions this week and doing a Jack The Ripper walking tour at the weekend. Also hoping to go dancing Sunday night to a 90s Vs Silent Discop
night. Ahhh the 90s.....

Sounds great :), I'm up early planning my day ! If the rain holds off I will be playing netball started 3 weeks ago in a local womans team. But need to seek some exercise !! I walk the dog but need a higher impact hobby.
I'm eating out Saturday with work at a Japanese restaurant so I'm going to try and point up the menu before I go and plan my meal !!!
What's on your menu today ? X

Windy

Sounds great :), I'm up early planning my day ! If the rain holds off I will be playing netball started 3 weeks ago in a local womans team. But need to seek some exercise !! I walk the dog but need a higher impact hobby.
I'm eating out Saturday with work at a Japanese restaurant so I'm going to try and point up the menu before I go and plan my meal !!!
What's on your menu today ? X

I am at work all day today and then going straight to my sculpture class so won't be popping home for dinner. My menu is a bit mad

B - Homemade breakfast muffin, banana, cereal bar

L - Two crumpets, smoked salmon, Laughing Cow Blue Cheese, sugar free jelly

D - Two WW sausages, laughing cow cheese, square-ish wrap, WW yoghurt

S - Quavers, apple, Twirl

28/29

I am at work all day today and then going straight to my sculpture class so won't be popping home for dinner. My menu is a bit mad

B - Homemade breakfast muffin, banana, cereal bar

L - Two crumpets, smoked salmon, Laughing Cow Blue Cheese, sugar free jelly

D - Two WW sausages, laughing cow cheese, square-ish wrap, WW yoghurt

S - Quavers, apple, Twirl

28/29

Your menu doesn't sound mad, it sounds yummy! How many PP do the Breakfast Muffins work out on their own? What's in them? X

Your menu doesn't sound mad, it sounds yummy! How many PP do the Breakfast Muffins work out on their own? What's in them? X

I'll find the recipe. Think I got it on here. They are 3 pp.

Your menu sounds fine mines a little of the rails ,
B - porridge with skimmed milk. Mixed fresh berries
L chicken pasta, fresh fruit salad
D rice and meatballs , fresh fruit salad
Snacks
Freddo frog
Walkers crisps
Played an hour netball
30 minx walking the dog

Back