Wine and Atkins

I know, I was only joking. What I meant was it SHOULD be fibs ;)
Good job low carbing makes us such lightweights :D

So what about vodka, no carbs and pepsi max considering it for a little treat tonight ;)

I never used to drink on Cambridge 'cos I was terrified that I'd drop into a coma or something like that. With the extra calorific 'padding' that comes with the fat and protein on Atkins, I take the occasional risk with no other ill effects than a stall. :rolleyes:

Everyone's different though, and if you're worried about it, don't drink. Simples! :D

I also ride powerful motorbikes in all weathers, eat far too much fat than is 'good for me', don't get nearly enough sleep and I quite enjoy sporadic physical confrontations with ne'er-do-wells on the street. Insurance nightmare, me. :D

Hahaha Steve

Vodka is fine. Coke zero is better, no critic :)

Hi peeps, I had 4 apple vodka's and pepsi max last night woo first drink in 6 weeks after doing lipotrim, but as doing a transition to Atkins. I checked my ketosis b4 going to bed and the result was completely nude no purple :( but checked this morning about 10:45 and in the deep purple yay!!!!!! Also checked weight and stayed the same which is good as already lost 4lb so just glad didn't put on woop woop.

Right lads and lassies, the experiment is tonight. :p

In the spirit of proper scientific sharing you've all demonstrated (ketostix and everyfing!) I'll report back to you tomorrow! Only on the diet part mind. ;)

and the answer is? ;)

LOL, he didn't drink wine at all in the end, but had three strict 25ml measures of gin with slimline tonic, with no ill effects - stick was still in the zone this morning!

He's doing so well on induction he wants to stick to the diet more than he wants to drink! :eek:

That's good news then. :)

Update - apparently neither half a bottle of champagne nor half a bottle of very big and lardy red wine is enough to knock you out of ketosis, if you count them into the 20g induction allowance.

This is all being done to push the boundaries of scientific endeavour you understand. :D

That's all the experiments done for this week mind. Work tomorrow. :p

LOL, OK good experiment there then. :D

Booze will not knock you out of ketosis it just slows the process down and the body will burn off the booze before the fat.

If your are drinking carby booze that's a differnet matter:p

Back