wine and ketosis

mummymonster

Hi all, what's your view on one glass of red wine in ketosis on a Saturday night? My friend coming over and I always share a bottle with her and she'll think I'm weird if I don't. I don't want her to know about cd because I can't be bothered with the conversation about whether its 'nutritionally ok', you all know what I mean!
One glass or not? Xx

I usually say I have a migraine coming on or I've been sick and don't want to take any chances. For cd bashers (and there are lots f them) I say that I'm having one meal a day.

Definitely not worth the risk. Say you're on antibiotics and can't drink if you want to keep cd under your hat :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks for advice guys, I used the anti-biotics excuse which worked but I think she was still suspicious because I wouldn't eat anything! Never mind I got through it. I didn't want to lie but I hate justifying cd because all I get is why it won't work. I'm sure you have all experienced that at some point..... x

Hi MM, glad you got through it - I know what you mean about lying, but it was only a little white one :) You should be proud you stayed strong x

Daisy65 said:
Well done! I'm getting sick of being told that it's a silly diet and I'll put it all back on...

I get that too.. But it's the same with any diet or any amount of weight you loose.. However you loose it! You were that weight to begin with for a reason.. So it's a life style change is what I always answer back with x

I would tell them the truth and if they have nothing positive to say, tell them to say nothing. Good friends will help you all the way on your journey, unfortunately some friends will not, I believe jealously. So don't hide away from what you believe in, turning your life around to become healthy, happy a confident is the best feeling in the world. good luck on your journey.

I would tell them the truth and if they have nothing positive to say, tell them to say nothing. Good friends will help you all the way on your journey, unfortunately some friends will not, I believe jealously. So don't hide away from what you believe in, turning your life around to become healthy, happy a confident is the best feeling in the world. good luck on your journey.

you must have a lot of friends to be able to pick and choose like that lol

truth is, most people while whine and moan and once their negative comments get into your head its hard to shift them!! so closet food replacement is the best way forward!

24772433 said:

Well said. I have to admit I've had nonnegative comments at all and I'm totally open about my diet. To be honest if people have no knowledge of a diet like this you'll probably get a few questions but I found it was a five min wonder. I think it's so much easier being open. At work for instance if there any goodies being passed round they usually say 'I won't ask you' which I find is so much easier for me.

My friends are all very supportive. I don't think I could do this diet secretly

I wish it was so easy.

When I was doing Atkins I was quite open about it, I was so shocked at the response i got from colleagues and relatives. "Oh be careful" "My friend did that and such and such happened" "Watch out for your kidneys" It was endless!!

In the end I started getting so paranoid about the things they were talking about i just lost all enthusiasm for my diet and gave up, and put on about a stone when the pendulum swang the other way.

Maybe I am just not as strong minded as you guys, or maybe I am just surrounded by unhelpful and negative people but i just don't think i want to risk coming out of the closet so to speak in case i get the same reaction and have the same response :confused:

I have to be honest. I don't actually give a toss what people's opinions of this diet are. If they're supportive brilliant but if they're not well I really couldn't care less. Bottom line is it's none of their business. I KNOW this is right for me. If people can't be supportive that's up to them but it would never put me off. I think I'd find trying to keep it secret more stressful than dealing with a few negative comments :)

I have to be honest. I don't actually give a toss what people's opinions of this diet are. If they're supportive brilliant but if they're not well I really couldn't care less. Bottom line is it's none of their business. I KNOW this is right for me. If people can't be supportive that's up to them but it would never put me off. I think I'd find trying to keep it secret more stressful than dealing with a few negative comments :)

I am so envious of people like you!!
People are always telling me not to worry about what other people think but my self esteem isn't really up to scratch yet, maybe it will be by the time i've had your loses :)

I'm starting the CD tomorrow & I'm afraid that I will be in the closet too, glad to know I'm not the only one (however i also know that it's probably not the right way to go about it) but I couldn't be bothered with the ear-ache! especially from my Mum (who is naturally a skinny size 6 & eats like a horse! :( ) and saying that I currently live at home it's gonna be hard to hide! *groan*

Back