Wish It * Dream It * DO IT *

Stacy73

Howdy from Arkansas... :sign0144:

I'm by no means new to the weight-loss "struggle!"

:eek:

I have been battling the bulge for 17 years now.
(of course, I'm at my highest weight ever this time.) :sigh: (190.0) I'm 5'9 ~ 37 years old.

I was a tiny, healthy little thing growing up.
My mom always had to take me to special clothing shops for my pants/jeans/ and so on bc I was so skinny.

Once a teenager, I stayed around 110-115 lbs. (healthy) and wore extra small tops and size 0 jeans. (still had to go to special shops for those back then.) Could eat like a horse and never gain an ounce.

That all changed when I had my son. LOL
(he just turned 17)

Came out of the hospital wearing a size 11.

That was a huge adjustment for me. I had lived my whole life as a tiny, skinny person and now I had to stay in maternity clothes bc my entire closet full of stuff was donated to GoodWill.

My first ever weight loss journey begun and of course I was on the yo-yo diet war roller coaster for many years until I educated myself properly. (re: fad diets).

I had a couple of years at goal.. size 9/10 ~ 146 lbs.
THEN, a new Network Aired.. Dare I say, FOOD NETWORK... :argh:

>>>Fast Foward>>> To Now...

Each year I age it just gets harder and harder to get the scale to move and then I give in and give up!

I want this cycle of hell to STOP!

2 Years ago I got sooo close to goal as I was 170.0 ...Only had a little bit longer to go..
(started at 197.6)

I became very ill with bronchitis and it turned into
pneumonia.

Messed up my groove with eatin' healthy and daily exercise. Once well, couldn't seem to get back in the swing of things.

So, this is my story.....

Would like to have a new, bright, exciting, story to share and put the nagging old one to rest! ;)

Update..

Got all my stuff.. :happy096:

I'm doing the Jillian Protein (Whey) Shakes as a "meal replacement." So, I mix in blender with skim milk, fresh strawberries, ice, and a light sprinkle of splenda. I like the taste and it's so much more filling than slim fast (which I have done twice in the past.)

Shakes are for breakfast/lunch.

Snacks include all 100 cal healthy options and some are just a tiny bit over 100.

Others are 90 cals.

3 snack's a day.

I also have fruit. (which can be used as 1 of the three)

Dinner will be PORTION control.

I have changed all food/fridge/pantry items to 0-fat, low fat, reduced cal, and so on.

So, here we go... *weeeeeeeeee* :D

Weigh-In # 1 will be on Friday.

Exercise:

Will be all sorts of things in rotation bc I get very bored quickly!

Will include... Brisk long walks, stationary bike, DVD's like Richard Simmons Sweating to Disco, Dance videos with weights, and Tone and Sweat by Richard with weights and toning cords.

Sound good?

Little bit more about myself..

My hubby and I met when I was about to turn 18 and he had just turned 20.

We instantly hit it off and dated for 2 1/2 yrs before we married. :)

We got married June 18th - 1993

*Still Counting* after all these years! ;)

Our son Cory will graduate high school next year and we are "feeling old." HeeHee.

We do look forward to MORE alone time though!

(Son will head to college after graduation)

My baby girl above ZuZu (zoozoo) is 5 years old and we've had her since she was 6 wks old. She's a mini American Eskimo

She is treated like my human baby! HeeHee ~ Spoiled rotten and a momma's girl! My first pet and my word I didn't know you could have so much love and compassion for a pet?!

My family and I are Born & Raised Texan's (Dallas County area) and we moved to North East Arkansas on July 26th, 2010.

My hubby lost his job of 18 1/2 years in Dallas when the printing company closed their doors. :(
(the week b4 C-Mas in "09" I might add!) :mad:

Long story short...After finding NO work or leads in TX (bc he was told he was too over-qualified), The same company in AR heard of his skills and called us to come take a look at the town and company. 1 week later he was hired and we made the out-of-state move! (All our family is in TX, so this has been a little rough on us!)

We are 7 hrs. away from them now.

We are in Farmland/the Country now. It's really beautiful here.

We are also only 20 mins. from the MO state line, and only 40 mins. from Memphis TN.

We are in a great location. We haven't seen our family for 8 months now and we hope they can make a trip here soon, or we can go there.

Most current news...

My dad is havin' a Quad-Bi-Pass on Wed. :(

He had two heart attacks last month.

I'm so nervous and just sick I can't be there!

Back