Wish me luck - I have visitors on their way..............

stivesliz

Gold Member
My bestest buddy from school is coming to visit next week - she has also never weighed more than 9 and a half stone in her life - boo hiss!

My dilemma is - she arrives on Saturday and my weigh in is on Tuesday and I live in Cornwall and she will be gobbling pasties, saffron cakes and cream teas - how do I resist? Do I book the following Tuesday as a holiday and not weigh or do I face the music and join in with the local cuisine sampling????

HELP!

Personally I would book it as a holiday, then still try to choose carefully so as not to do too much damage

My bestest buddy from school is coming to visit next week - she has also never weighed more than 9 and a half stone in her life - boo hiss!

My dilemma is - she arrives on Saturday and my weigh in is on Tuesday and I live in Cornwall and she will be gobbling pasties, saffron cakes and cream teas - how do I resist? Do I book the following Tuesday as a holiday and not weigh or do I face the music and join in with the local cuisine sampling????

HELP!

Can you try some damage limitation? When you are in control of the food then do as much superfree as you can say and then when you are going out somewhere flexi-syn, deciding what you would really like to have as a treat and allowing yourself enough syns to cover it so you still maintain some control?
As for the going to group it depends on how it works for you I would personally say go to group so it helps keep the chances of going completely off the rails?

I all fairness, in 17 months I have only missed 2 weigh ins so I may book it as a hol BUT will try and have some control. She is coming with her partner and daughter so I wont be dining out every night so I needn't go bonkers but I just think her visit is too close to WI :cool:

Hmmm I wouldn't book it as a hol as I know mentally that would make me think I could be awful then have so many days to rectify it!

I'd book it as a hol, we all want to lose weight but we also, more importantly, have a life to live!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

I find the same problem as you when people come and visit I'm in Carbis Bay so just down the road from you! I can avoid the chips, pasties and ice cream on the habour most of the time but when we have friends over I'm like summit mad! Personally I would enjoy myself within reason and face the scales on Tuesday - it may not be as bad as you think!! x

I find the same problem as you when people come and visit I'm in Carbis Bay so just down the road from you! I can avoid the chips, pasties and ice cream on the habour most of the time but when we have friends over I'm like summit mad! Personally I would enjoy myself within reason and face the scales on Tuesday - it may not be as bad as you think!! x

Do you go to the same class as me???? xxx

ah - I used to go to that one but am at the St Ives one now x

I wanted to join that group as it's just that bit closer to me but I don't finish work until 5 on Tuesday so it would be a bit of a rush :(
Have only recently joined this group and so far so good and certainly better than the last one that I attended!

I have taken next week as a holiday and looking at the big picture - I have a meal out on Saturday night, a carvery out Sunday night , ajubilee party on Tuesday and a meal out on Thursday night sooooo in the grand scheme of things I am going to treat them for what they are - MEALS off plan and not DAYS off plan. On the days when I am out for a meal at night I will have a big cooked brekkie so that I am not starving when I hit the restaurant and today, tomorrow and Friday I am going to keep my syns down and eat plenty of superfree. I am 16.5 pounds away from target and am going to crack it. x

Sounds like a good plan! xx

I'm not really a wine drinker, vodka all the way for me :)

Good luck x

Back