Wish me luck !!! RESULT NUMBER ONE !!

Such a relief that you found someone helpful there! And a lovely teapot too.

Such a relief that you found someone helpful there! And a lovely teapot too.

Thanks tpals !!!!
Fingers crossed they do phone me next week.

:eek: How rude of the appointments clerks! :eek: It bugs me so much when you try to make appointments and you have to deal with people who think they know best. My doctor's receptionist is the same...drives me insane, grrr! I'm glad you finally spoke to somebody helpful Sue :)

Lovely teapot Sue, but just think of the polishing :eek: :D xxxx

Lovely teapot Sue, but just think of the polishing :eek: :D xxxx

LOL !!!!Hopefully I will not be polishing and one of my nice clients will have bought it and given me a nice little profit.

It dates to about 1825.................... I was thrilled to find it.

Hi Sue,

I couldn't believe my eyes when I read this...its almost deja vous :(

Except its not going to be because you and Paul won't let it. How brilliant were you for standing your ground...I'm so proud of you too xx

If you have any more problems with your scan appointments, I'd go straight back to your oncologists secretary and tell her...your oncologist certainly won't take kindly to being undermined by a snotty receptionist.

My thoughts, best wishes, prayers and love are with you as always x

Dawn xx

Well would you believe the hospital has just phoned.

It was someone from Asistencia al Paciente to tell me they have sent the paperwork to the appropriate departments and I will be rung directly by them so that gets me out of their hair nicely !!!!!:cry:

Pretty pissed off with the whole ridiculous system.

If no one has phoned me by Wednesday I will ring my oncologist.

Well would you believe the hospital has just phoned.

It was someone from Asistencia al Paciente to tell me they have sent the paperwork to the appropriate departments and I will be rung directly by them so that gets me out of their hair nicely !!!!!:cry:

Pretty pissed off with the whole ridiculous system.

If no one has phoned me by Wednesday I will ring my oncologist.

ridiculous!

(((hugs)))

Please do ring the oncologist if you get nothing by wednesday as this cannot continue xxxxxxxxx

JUST HAD A PHONE CALL.......
Mamo is 09th Sept. at 11.45 a.m.

Now just waiting for the Cat Scan...............

Could I be going to eat my words !!

Please, please let them phone today.

thinking of you xx

Yes!

Brilliant!

Now for the next one...xxxxx

Sue, have just caught up on your thread, I cannot believe how long they were trying to make you wait, well done you for standing your ground xxx Fingers crossed you get the next date through really soon and all goes well xxx

You know, I think the mistake I made was to be too British and to go through the right channels i.e. docs' first etc.etc.

In hind sight what I should have done is go straight to the hospital in Valencia and waited in oncology until she could see me.

So easy to be wise in hind sight.

Yes, very easy. I wish I had known what to do to advise. I would have known what to do in the UK (I think). Easy to look back though. No point now but hopefully know IF there is a next time. Maybe next time you see your oncologist ask her what you should do if there is a next time ?

I found out why you have go in person the hard way.

You have to be able to defend yourself against 2 totally unsympathetic appointments clerks who all but tell you that they do not care what the doctor has written on the request for an early appointment you will get what they have got. I was given January for the mamo and February for the CAT scan.
I pointed out that there was a big stamped box stating I was back with the oncologist on the 14th and need to be see well before then. I can not tell you how offhand and almost rude they were. I stood my ground and said the doctor has requested an early date as it is urgent. I was told to go to Assistencia al Paciente, I think in England it is called PAL ?
The young chap in there could not have been kinder or nicer , he saved the day for me, I was very close to tears by this time.
He has assured me he will phone me Monday or Tuesday morning with an appointment, hopefully for next week.

I do understand it must be difficult for them when the doctors request something that is impossible to find but I do not understand why they have to be bad mannered and unsympathetic. After all they are dealing with people who are either sick or worried to death.

I feel quite exhausted with it all.

On the way back after I had a little weep to Paul, poor patient man,.....

Sometimes systems just seem ridiculous. I can't remember what it was like here before things changed with cancer targets etc but it seems like Spain is a long way behind in some ways. Well done for standing your ground. If you don't get an appointment for the CT scan through soon, I would definitely try your oncologist. I would like to think that if she thinks it will get done before you see her again that it should happen therefore if it doesn't, she may be able to help. You can't be the only patient in your situation with your oncologist.

However I just feel so much for you having to stand your ground. It's not in my nature to be 'stroppy' and even having to disagree with people at times is hard especially when you don't know what's realistic and what's not - it makes me upset even if the reason is not so important as yours.

Big hugs flying your way from me Sue, (and save some for Paul from me too please !)

Gail x

Yes, very easy. I wish I had known what to do to advise. I would have known what to do in the UK (I think). Easy to look back though. No point now but hopefully know IF there is a next time. Maybe next time you see your oncologist ask her what you should do if there is a next time ?

Sometimes systems just seem ridiculous. I can't remember what it was like here before things changed with cancer targets etc but it seems like Spain is a long way behind in some ways. Well done for standing your ground. If you don't get an appointment for the CT scan through soon, I would definitely try your oncologist. I would like to think that if she thinks it will get done before you see her again that it should happen therefore if it doesn't, she may be able to help. You can't be the only patient in your situation with your oncologist.

However I just feel so much for you having to stand your ground. It's not in my nature to be 'stroppy' and even having to disagree with people at times is hard especially when you don't know what's realistic and what's not - it makes me upset even if the reason is not so important as yours.

Big hugs flying your way from me Sue, (and save some for Paul from me too please !)

Gail x

Dear Gail, please forgive me for not responding. I just did not see this.

You are quite right,If I have any query's at all I should contact my oncologist and cutout *the middleman* she is very o the ball and I like her a lot.

I think she needs to know how rude and insulting the appointment clerks are. It is not quite so bad for someone like me who is well able to defend myself, and it upset me to tears, but the poor souls who are sick and worried and can not defend themselves.

The health system here used to be fantastic, a system to be proud of but as more and more countries became members of the EU and the attraction of the climate here attracted more immigrants it as fallen apart. It needs radical changes. Like every other country in Europe at present the money just is not there to do anything major.

As you know I have my appointment now and will only have to wait 5 days after my scan to see my oncologist and hopefully get the results. ( I know they will be fine. God does not want me and the Devil has no room lol)

One of the girls who used my BC site had to raise the money to try and fund her own herceptin in the U.K. Her local authority would not pay for it. She saw er local M.P. She did everything she could to save her own life. She even jumped out of an airplane. She died at 30 years old.

Thankfully things have changed a lot in the U.K. Let's hope the same thing happens here.

Dee........jumping out of a plane...

http://youtu.be/9PrWJalGJm0

Still brings a tear to my eye when I see this she was a pretty remarkable girl. When she knew she only had a limited time left she went on a cruise, went to New York , she bought a harp and learnt to play it. We joked that she was learning a trade for her *new address*:D:D

Sue,

Your last post has taken my breath away.

What a brave young woman xx

Sue,

Your last post has taken my breath away.

What a brave young woman xx

She was amazing. She knew she was going to die but wanted to experience so many things and she did. She bought purple crocks in New York. She loved them and was buried in them. As a mark of her passing all of us on the site, remember we were all over the world, bought purple crocks and wore them on the day she was buried.

I had a very special relationship with her.

She was an example to us all on my little site, she taught us dignity and courage.

Sue,

You are an amazing woman yourself but it's lovely to meet another amazing woman on your 'travels'. She is sadly missed though.

Thinking of you and fingers crossed for your appointment.

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Back