wish me luck.

fillymum

synful soul
I am at the hospital in Valencia today for the results of my brain scan, an ultra sound of my liver, a mammogram, and chest x rays.

Deep down I know all of them are clear but there is always that little tinge of fear lurking in the background.

We do make the most of the journey as Valencia is as close to civilization we get. We will leave really early and go and do some wholesale shopping for things that compliment my antiques, sales are not what they were and naturally so as people are struggling to pay household bills. I think really good but reasonably priced artificial flowers might take off.

The idea was born when a florist friend on mine who stands next to me at Saturdays market put three beautiful sprays of real orchids in an antique cut glass vase I had on sale. So many people asked " are they real " and on finding out they were said " oh I want artificial ones"

We take a picnic and sit in Valencia's dry river bed area and enjoy watching city life pass by. It is an amazing area, the river was diverted after floods that killed people. It is now a wonderful park and recreational area that houses a lot of Valencias very modern city of arts and sciences.

It is such a change for us and so far from our normal daily routine that I actually look forward to my visits to the oncologist. What a strange lady I am.

turia-1.jpg

This is the river bed and runs through the center of the city.

Good luck, i'm sure everything will be fine. Enjoy your shopping

xxx

All the best to you fillymum, and I hope you snatch up some lovely flowers and enjoy the journey. Please God the oncologist will tell you to go away, he doesn't want to see you again for there's nowt wrong at all. ;) :fingerscrossed:

p.s. you should petition for a horsie emote, was looking there for you and there's none! :eek:

good luck and hope all is well for you, and enjoy the shopping =)

I thought this was soon - good luck hon, will be thinking of you.

Hope you have a 'blooming' good time shopping too (see what I did there?!) :) xx

Best of luck, we're all wishing you the best :) xxx

Good luck xx

I hope your results are all that you hoped for, love. xx

Hope today went well sweets, let us know how you got on xxx

Thank you so much everyone. I am so touched by all your good wishes.

My results were all good...... no brain tumour PHEW !!!!!!! My lovely oncologist wants me to see a neurologist to make sure there is no nerve damage. She is a love and so caring. She studied in England and loved it there.

We had a lovely day looking for extras to sell alongside my normal stuff. The artificial flowers I liked were far to expensive to sell on. The ones that were a more reasonable price were horrid.

In the end I went for these................

abanicopintados109.jpg

We chose lovely vibrant colours and I already know exactly how I will display them. This is the right time of the year for them so we will see.

I took hot water in a flask so I could have my fruit tea and a sugar free cold drink. I stuck to my plan to the letter and took a salad for my lunch and some fruit for snacks. I feel quite virtuous

SO glad you got the excellent results! Those fans are gorgeous!

Back