Wish there was someone to plan my diary/menus

big bear

A bear on a mission!
I'm not very good at the planning side of things which is a big thing in SW. I've bought all the fruit/veg/meat that I need.

I'd love there to be a planner where I could type in all the food I have and it magically plans my week for me.

If that was the case I'd be a size 0 lol (not that I'd really want to be that size)

yeah know what u mean takes me ages to do my menus
if your not fussy (i am) you could copy somebodies food diary on here.
i know love food hate waste have recipe generator but its not just healthy food plus we would then have to work syns out on it.

No not fussy, mainly do original days. I cook everything from scratch.

I might copy someones diary, will see who is the most successful & copy that...lol no good copying someone who cheats like me..

dont copy mine (lol!!!) but how about the SW website, i think they have set week planners - you could print those off and mix and match it up to what you like?

then go shopping - get the stuff and cook away :) xxx

I'm not very good at the planning side of things which is a big thing in SW. I've bought all the fruit/veg/meat that I need.

I'd love there to be a planner where I could type in all the food I have and it magically plans my week for me.

If that was the case I'd be a size 0 lol (not that I'd really want to be that size)

Not necessarily - look at Oprah Winfrey! :D

A recipe builder would be great! I struggle coming up with ideas once i've got all the food and sometimes just don't have the time!

That's because you need to plan your meals before you do the shopping, then you know exactly what your meals are going to be and shop only for those ingredients. It's much harder to look at a cupboard of food and think "what will I have?". And it doesn't take huge amounts of time - I can do it in 10 or 15 minutes while watching the telly.

And it's useful to keep a record of your menu plans because then if you really are pushed for time you can just choose one you've done in the past.

Another hint is that lots of internet recipe sites have serach facilities where you can type in the main ingredients you want to us and it will come up with a list of possible recipes.

The easiest way I have found is as Circes say's I find recipes on here I like and print them off while at the same time writing a shopping list. I've put the one's I want to try for that week in a folder and ordered my shopping from Tesco, ingrediants are all there.

Good idea think will do it like this from now on. My hubbie does the food shopping so need to give him a list or do it together.

Are you on red?

I don't plan my meals at all, but as I've been doing SW so long, I have a totally SW friendly kitchen!

Can't help with planning, but I occasionally use this : Supercook: recipe search by ingredients you have at home : for inspiration. You can save your staples in it, and come back and forth with any 'main' or new ingredients you'd like to use.

Hope this is of some help.
x

I tend to do a weekly meal plan for breakfast lunch and dinners, although i don't always stick to the lunches. but that way i find it easier doing a shopping list, then do my shopping online so i'm not tempted by other naughty food stuffs!! I also find that helps me cut down my food bill as well. So bonus all around!

Best thing to do is plan before you go shopping. Sit down and plan the weeks evening meals, then look at what hex's you have remaining to plan breakfast and lunch for each day, pop on some extra fruit and mullers. Job done. I use the magazines 7 day plan, taking out anything that won't fit in with my lifestyle, or I simply don't like, add in some recipes I do like, slot in my Sunday roast. That's it. I have posted a menu for this week, if you look on my previous posts, it'll give you and idea, and make use of the forums food diaries, some fab stuff in there.

Back