Wolf's SW Journey to lose 8 stone (2st gone)

Weigh-in this week: 2lb loss:classic_big_grin:

I'm happy with that! This coming week should be good for staying on plan except for Sunday. On Sunday we are down to London for a comic con. It's going to be a long day and meals will most likely be grabbed there. I'm going to try and keep syns low-ish for the rest of the week to compensate a bit.

Food for today:

Breakfast:
Smoothie: Oats (half HeB), hazelnuts (half HeB), banana, cocoa (1 syn) and almond milk (HeA)

Lunch:
Chicken pasta (2 syns for sweet chilli sauce)

Dinner:
Pasticcio (2 syns for yogurt, 2 syns for milk and cornflour)

Snacks:
Fruit, 3 x herbal tea with honey (3 syns)

Total syns: 10

Last edited:
Food for today:

Breakfast:
Smoothie: Bananas, cocoa (1 syn) and almond milk (HeA)

Lunch:
Leftover pasta (3 syns)

Dinner:
Friday night fakeaway: Homemade beef burger on wholemeal roll (HeB) with SW chips and salad (2 syns for marg, 1 syn for chilli sauce)

Snacks:
Fruit, southern comfort & diet lemonade (4.5 syns)

Total syns: 11.5

Last edited:
Food for today:

Breakfast:
Smoothie: Bananas, cocoa (1 syn) and almond milk (HeA)

Lunch:
Egg and bacon roll (HeB + 3 syns for marg)

Dinner:
Tandoori fish and saag aloo (2 syns for yogurt)

Snacks:
Fruit, 3 x herbal tea with honey (3 syns)

Total syns: 9

Yay I survived the bank holiday weekend! I was 100% on plan all days except for Sunday, which I'd pre-planned not to be, due to being in London for the day.

The MCM Comic Con on Sunday was fantastic. OH and I go to a lot of cons every year but it was our first time at this particular one (they had some guests that we just couldn't pass up on meeting). It was a long day as we arrived in London around 7:30am. We met some fantastic actors . . . Simon, Jerry and the King (from Walking Dead), Felicia Day (from Supernatural, Eureka and many other things), Magenta (from the original Rocky Horror Show) and John DiMaggio (the voice of Bender in Futurama and Jake in Adventure Time). It was a great day! I tried to make somewhat decent food choices (sushi for lunch etc) but I wasn't really counting. I'm just hoping that it hasn't thrown me off completely for a loss this week. :classic_eek:

I'm a bit behind with my food diaries so I'll add them all here:

Food for Monday:

Breakfast:
Fruit

Lunch:
Egg and bacon roll (HeB + 3 syns for marg)

Dinner:
Chicken Korma (2 syns for yogurt)

Snacks & Drinks:
1x herbal tea with honey (1 syns)

Total syns: 6

--------------------------------------

Food for Tuesday:

Breakfast:
Fruit and nuts (HeB)

Lunch:
Leftover Chicken Korma (2 syns)

Dinner:
Two Chubby Cubs Sausage Gnocchi Bake (HeA and 11 syns - totally worth every one!)

Snacks & Drinks:
2 x herbal tea with honey (2 syns)

Total syns: 15

The original Sausage Gnocchi Bake isn't that high on syns but I can't use Quark so have to use lactose free soft cheese instead and that quickly adds up the syns.

-----------------------------------------

Food for today (Edit: OH worked late so I didn't cook a full dinner in the end. Stayed on plan but a bit of a lack of speed. Oops):

Breakfast:
Smoothie: Oats (half HeB), hazelnuts (half HeB), banana, cocoa (1 syn) and almond milk (HeA)

Lunch:
Fruit

Dinner:
Spicy wedges with mayo (6 syns)

Snacks & Drinks:
3 x herbal tea with honey (3 syns)

Total syns: 10

Last edited:
OH is working late again tonight but I'm going to cook a full meal anyway, and just have half for lunch tomorrow. I always eat badly when I'm doing food just for me, like having a plate of spicy wedges for dinner last night! :rolleyes:

Weigh-in this week: STS

Urgh. I'm blaming Sunday and being so off plan the whole day. I'm just glad I was good the rest of the week. My goal for the next week is to drink as much water as I can. I've only been having around a quarter of what I should be drinking so really need to improve that!

Food for today:

Breakfast:

Lunch:
Baked potato and salad (4 syns)

Dinner:
Chicken Chasseur (4 syns for wine and cornflour)

Snacks & Drinks:
2 x herbal tea with honey (2 syns)

Total syns: 11

You are doing great, and it sounds like you had a great time at Comic Con!

I've been slacking putting my food diaries on here but the last week has been 100% on plan, if not quite the best meals in the world. OH has been working late and eating at work and I can never motivate to cook properly when it's just me. One night was even just a plate of spicy potato wedges! :rolleyes::p So yep, on plan but not perfect.

Weigh-in this week: 1.5lb loss

Happy with that, given my less than balanced meals this week.

Now. This coming week. :eek:

This weekend is my birthday so tomorrow we're going to our daughters for a meal out and a cinema trip and probably a few drinks. On Saturday (my actual birthday) we are going somewhere (it's a total surprise so I have no clue). On Sunday we have an a-Ha concert to go to. Basically, from tomorrow to Sunday is going to be tricky.

My plan of action is to be on plan today. The meal out tomorrow is at a vegan restaurant so at least it will be healthy, if not low fat. Will keep to drinks with diet mixers (Southern Comfort and lemonade is current favourite). Instead of the usual giant birthday cake that takes a week to eat, I am making a small batch of cupcakes, enough for all of us to have a couple each. Saturday could be anything and I'm honestly not going to worry about it. Sunday should let me be on plan for breakfast and lunch but dinner will probably be at the concert. Monday will be all back on plan!

I'm hoping not to undo what I've lost in the last few weeks and my goal this week is to STS. I'll be over the moon if I can manage that.

Just wanted to update this post to say that I've finally put SW in the bin and switched to calorie counting and it's the best decision I've ever made. I've never enjoyed SW. It's restrictive, makes people "syn obsessed", pushes it's own brand products, doesn't help with portion control and is utterly and completely rubbish when it comes to food intolerances.

Calorie counting gives me the freedom to eat what I want. There is no guilt or obsessing over how many syns something is. Portion control was always my biggest problem but now I feel in complete control and am actually losing weight. :D

Well done! I enjoy SW as it fits my life and i don't have to count anything, I never count syns anyway! I just try not to have any and just make healthier choices if I eat/drink something bad.

Do you exercise? I downloaded the couch to 5k and even though I only did up to week 5 I really enjoyed running / jogging and being outdoors in general. Motivates me to keep fit and all that hard work stops me ruining it by eating crap.

Do you use an app for calorie counting?

I'm using MyFitnessPal for the calorie counting and it works really well.

Exercise-wise, I live out in the countryside so get out for a walk with the dog most days. :D

Back