woman of the year 2014

I've got a few grey hairs coming through too, but I'm also too much of a skinflint to do anything about it. I also hate sitting in the hairdressers, give me the dentist any day, at least you don't have to try and make conversation there!

I have been getting grey hairs since I was 25 (now I'm 41 so I'm in total shock thinking I have been getting highlights for 16 years) and have been getting highlights since then, my grey hair is not the nice kind but yours Molly is a lovely shade of grey and your dead right for not changing it. My mum had cancer twice (sadly has cancer a third time again) and the option of colouring her hair was taken away from her but she has a lovely shade of grey and a lot of people tell her that it suits her and she looks brilliant (you would never guess she has liver cancer)

I started to go grey at 25 too (it runs in my family - my Mum was completely silver by the time she was in her early 40's and never dyed her hair). I did dye it for a few years, but the whole hairdresser thing doesn't appeal (lol lougalx - I'd rather go to the dentist too!) and dying it at home is a pain. Plus it's like painting the Forth bridge isn't it? A never ending job!

Your hair is lovely Janet :D - I've not had mine properly cut (as opposed to the odd light trim) for about the same amount of time. I never blow dry it, straighten it or otherwise heat treat it either so, loose, it reaches to my waist and is in surprisingly good condition.

No 'old lady' perms for us eh ladies? :D

I have to say I love going to the hairdressers, they give me this lovely head massage when I get it conditioned but I just going to get the coffee (no mini kitkat either) and relaxing and maybe reading a magazine but it is costly so it really is a treat for me

Molly my mum's blonde hair evidently started going darker when she was 14 and then she used peroxide on it!! Wonder her hair didn't fall out but no she had a strong head of hair!! Mine on the other hand is fine and poker straight. My routine is wash, condition, blob of mousse and blow dry...that I can cope with! My hair is getting 'lighter' at the sides these days but at 63 that's OK. I think I shall probably end up with white hair rather than your lovely shade. I lived in Spain for 14 yrs and no doubt years of hot sun made it lighter too.

I have a fringe and I hate even popping in to get it trimmed, so I end up looking like the Dulux dog for a good while until I can be bothered getting it cut.

Well done Rochelle thats amazing hun you did yourself and the north east proud :D

Get writing lol id love to see your story in the mag, xx

thanks hun!! I think I'm going to, just need to find out how to lol xx

Well done Rochelle...you did extremely well to get to the final 4. What a great experience!
I'd like to read your story too...

thats so lovely!!! Thank you xx

Thank you Orla ... my hair is a point of contention amongst those who know me, so I may well have to refer them back to your comment :) :) - as you can see I decided to embrace grey some time ago ;) and I'm always getting nagged by friends/ family to have it cut/ dyed and styled BUT it's really thick and wavy, has a mind of it's own and would take so much upkeep (not to mention money that I'd rather spend on craft supplies lol), so I go with the plait out of a desire for an easy life and sheer skinflintiness :D

you do right embracing it!! You look lovely with grey hair xx

here are some pics from yesterday

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 88
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 80
Wow Rochelle - you are a stunner!! :D You look absolutely gorgeous :wow:

Orla, re the colour of our greys - it occurred to me last night that I should have mentioned that mine used to be a very dull 'iron' grey until I started to use Pro-Voke Touch of Silver products in it. They really 'lift' the colour. Mind you I'd love to know what you use Cavegirl - yours is simply beautiful!

You look gorgeous hun well done again xx

Wow, another well done Rochelle!! No wonder you got to the last few! Shame there's only one winner at regional level. xx

Wow Rochelle - you are a stunner!! :D You look absolutely gorgeous :wow:

Orla, re the colour of our greys - it occurred to me last night that I should have mentioned that mine used to be a very dull 'iron' grey until I started to use Pro-Voke Touch of Silver products in it. They really 'lift' the colour. Mind you I'd love to know what you use Cavegirl - yours is simply beautiful!

Thanks lovely ladies!! My slimming world ambition is to go to head office I am in two minds wether to apply for the mag. X

I agree Rochelle, you look amazing, that dress is fabulous on you, go for it girl, think of all the people you will be giving inspiration to

I so agree cavegirl13, I prefer to read the stories where someone has lost a savage amount of weight

Thanks Cavegirl

I agree Janet - the bigger losses do make interesting reading ,but that's not to deflect the achievements of those (including myself) who didn't have massive amounts to lose.

We are all different and amazing in our own ways, and I am proud of what I have done and worked hard for :D

DO IT! lol what have you got to lose?? xx

I agree Rochelle, you look amazing, that dress is fabulous on you, go for it girl, think of all the people you will be giving inspiration to

Go for it Rochelle! :D
im going to! Will do it at the weekend x

You have to go for it.I prefer to read someones journey like yours that has lost a lot and look fantastic then read the ones who have only lost a couple of stone. Well I don't even read those who haven't lost much. :)

I so agree cavegirl13, I prefer to read the stories where someone has lost a savage amount of weight

Really? I even read the ones where people have lost a stone or 2. I always think weightloss is hard no matter if you have a stone to lose or 9 like me. But I must admit it's the ones that have lost the weight I have, or more, and it's completely changed their lives that I find inspiring and I found inspiring when at the start x
Rochelle - I LOVE your dress! :) Where did you get it, if you don't mind me asking x
It was from Warehouse Hun x

Back