Women find it harder not to give in to hunger pangs than men

Discussion in 'News' started by Jim, 20 January 2009 Social URL.

1. Jim

Jim Big Boy

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st1lb
    Lost(%):
    11st13lb(47.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    I'd heard of this before, but maybe it's true.

CLICKY

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    I think this is true, but there is are physiological reasons for this aswell as psychological.

When calories are reduced, a womens metabolic rate goes down quicker than mans. When the metabolic rate goes down, the desire to eat becomes stronger. Also, a mans metabolic rate will speed up quicker than a ladies :(

Another thing is that womens leptin levels at about 2-3 times higher than a mans and the leptin responds to changes quicker. Since leptin tells your body how much you are eating, and since women are physiologically 'destined' to store fat, it figures (to me anyway) that they will crave more, and perhaps even feel hungrier as the body will do everything in it's power to stop them losing fat.

That's my excuse anyway.:D

4. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    Oh, and to add, I believe that psychologically, it's harder for us ladies (generally speaking), but I'll spare you the details :p

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.