Wondering about having more syns...

couteaux

Silver Member
I've been having 70 syns a week since coming back to SW but have seen a few of you on here have 105 per week and are doing really well on that. So I'm considering having 105 so that I have more to cut back on as I get nearer target.

What do you think, would you go straight to 105 after next WI or do a gradual introduction to see if it has any impact on losses?

Any opinions/advice v welcome! :D

I would try it and see how it goes, if you gain then go back to what you were on , i stick to about 12 per day and have had good losses x

Mine vary from day to day... we're allowed up to 15 so I just accept what each day brings, and worry about it only if I go over (and try to make sure I make up for it the next day...)

I agree, try it and see what happens. But try it for 2 weeks not 1 as the sudden increase may cause a slight gain at first then all back to normal on week 2.

I see SW as a base plan, it's up to the individual to work out how the plan will work best for them

Hi couteaux

I give myself 105 a week, but I might not necessarily always have them. SW guidelines say 5-15 a day. That equates to 35-105 a week. Don't see the 105 as a target spending level, just an upper limit that you should try not to go over.

Try not to use syns just to reach a target- have something if you want it, but don't eat for the sake of it. We are trying to teach ourselves to eat normally, and normal people don't often eat when they aren't hungry

Good luck, mate x

Thanks so much for those replies. I like the idea of having the flexibility of occasionally going up to 105, but not actively trying to eat my way up to that amount :) At the mo, I pretty much use them for a glass of wine in the evening - or 2 at the weekend (or 3 or 4...) ;)

Thanks again! :D

I asked this in class last night as I'd been having 70 and was told to up it to 105 for the reasons you gave. So that's what I'll do this week.

lol- a girl after my own heart!

Just out of interest last week I worked out what % of my syns went on alcohol and it was 85%!!!!

Scary (I would be thin if I didn't drink!)

xxxx

Snap! Mine is about the same. I'd rather save a few syns for a glass of vino that some chocolate.

Hmm... could be painting myself in a rather bad light at the mo ;) lol

Glad you asked this question cos I'm semi-thinking it too!

I'm away this weekend catching up with friends - so will be drinking!!

Normally I only have 50-70 syns/week and very rarely (once a month max) use any on alcohol. But as I want to enjoy myself this weekend so was wonering whether to allow for 105syns this week, but also didn't want it to affect my weight loss at next WI (tues as I'm away on Mon).

I'm planning on taking lots of SW snacks but I'm staying with friends in student halls so not sure if we will be having takeaway etc.

x

Back